Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Thanks TEREG great

Marc says no down force?

passenger bit of a wimp should have dumped him taken the bloude from the 1st half vid but why does she think its ok to be sitting on the bonnet like 1st half vid

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
At least we know the door handles are well attached :D The passenger is holding on for dear life.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Think he was sarcastic when he said it had no down force or it was lost in translation

And as said by Alfa, this car can brake.. 1.25G's under braking... :heart:

·
Registered
138 Posts
gear changes appear to be very fast, looked like a fair bit of lean and understeer in some of the corners

·
Registered
642 Posts
I love how people claim understeer..

Yet no one knows how big the turning circle is, the speed they carrying into the corners, the magnitude of the corners, the amount of effort he is actually giving (he is talking and driving- infact he missed the 1st apex).

Relax guys... Its 1 vid of a guy trying to scare someone else. Let's wait for pRoper reviews and lap times before jumping to conclusions (September press day).

And what's the fastest lap around this track? And what did the 4C do? Rather worry about that.

What I can say is the car picks up speed rapidly. And it brakes like a monster (from 200 odd to 179 in no time).

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Perreby said:
Its 1 vid of a guy trying to scare someone else.
Ummm, no.

It's 1 vid of a guy scaring the crap out of someone else.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Perreby said:
I love how people claim understeer..

Yet no one knows how big the turning circle is, the speed they carrying into the corners, the magnitude of the corners, the amount of effort he is actually giving (he is talking and driving- infact he missed the 1st apex).

Relax guys... Its 1 vid of a guy trying to scare someone else. Let's wait for pRoper reviews and lap times before jumping to conclusions (September press day).

And what's the fastest lap around this track? And what did the 4C do? Rather worry about that.

What I can say is the car picks up speed rapidly. And it brakes like a monster (from 200 odd to 179 in no time).
I agree but still, a guy like Marc Gene should not be going through corners with, what LOOKS like, a lot if understeer. This looks simply weird.

Having said that, 1) we'd need to see for ourselves and 2) my Ferrari 360 has a ridiculous amount of understeer. Car companies implement it for safety. It's understandable if there is a fair amount of understeer. But not always appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks like he's overloading the front on purpose for an on power transition but the car doesn't have the torque he was expecting. I don't think the natural attitude of the car can be determined from this, we'll have to wait for complete tests or better yet when we can get our hands on one. Being in the US, that might be never......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts