Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Is there a way to tell if the limit has ever been exceeded? is there actually something that would be visibly damaged?

Well I guess we can all put the “no fat chicks” sticker on our bumpers ha.

·
Registered
The search is on..............
110 Posts
Haha, yeah I can relate that being a problem when riding w/ certain friends. I had a past 'lowered' car with no idea of weight limits but when I would drive with one particular friend who weighed close to 300lbs the car would scrape (splashguards, inner fenders) over bumps....... I started taking a different car whenever I was driving. He never did ask why..............

• Haha
Reactions: 4Canada

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Haha, yeah I can relate that being a problem when riding w/ certain friends. I had a past 'lowered' car with no idea of weight limits but when I would drive with one particular friend who weighed close to 300lbs the car would scrape (splashguards, inner fenders) over bumps....... I started taking a different car whenever I was driving. He never did ask why..............
These decals are quite good, I can see them being more popular than a biscione 😛

·
Registered
337 Posts
Is there a way to tell if the limit has ever been exceeded? is there actually something that would be visibly damaged?

Well I guess we can all put the “no fat chicks” sticker on our bumpers ha.
I weigh 312 and my wife weighs 160 and we've never had any issues running the 4C. The only place it has ever scraped is the driveway and several other cars do that there. Two 1/4" sheets of steel solved that problem

·
Registered
The search is on..............
110 Posts
Ok, so the tag on the car reads 'SHOULD never exceed'......... which sounds like a recommendation. So is it Recommended that you and your passenger go on a diet in order to drive in your 4C ?? If my wife has a tag on her somewhere that says 'NO drivers exceeding 210lbs' (sounds like an order, not just a recommendation). Does that mean I will go on a diet just to do it ?? ........... I don't think so

Reactions: Philster

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Got a small 4' 9" / 145cm girlfriend so I could let my weight fluctuate a bit. 😋

Although when I add a bit of winter weight to myself I am not driving the 4C anyway. :unsure:

If you're a bit over the limit, just don't fill the tank up. Each gallon of fuel is 6.3 lbs (a liter is about .77kg). 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Wheelhor

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,486 Posts
I remember seeing a similar weight limit tag on other cars. Many of those had a pretty low amount allowed also.
I am curious how those figures are calculated. Is it based on a given weight the suspension can handle yet still maintain the engineered suspension compression distance? Tires (tyres) also have maximum weight ratings. Surely there are a lot of cars running around that are very overloaded.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts