Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
number plate fine on the back, where to put it on the front, usual place for modern Alfas on the front, not good, you will never see a 4C with front number plates for this reason:cool:

·
Registered
446 Posts
It will be on the passenger floor inside the car.... " I am sorry officer unfortunately it falls off very often" ;-)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'm going to get a small vinyl sticker made and place it on the front ala a lot of Ferrari's here in Australia.

·
Registered
446 Posts
What????? There are a few cars that have that like F40's and some older cars.
It's acceptable as long as it's the right colour and the letters/numbers are the right size , spacing and font.

In the UK if you alter the plates numbers or letters in any way you will get 3 points off your licence and a hefty fine. You are allowed to make the plate smaller as long as you respect the requirements for the letters/numbers.

If you don't display a front plate you could get a fine of £40 or £60 pounds ( I should remember as I got one...) but no points

·
Registered
143 Posts
I found a picture of the OEM numberplate holder attached to the bumper. You can see clearly how you have to make holes in the front bumper
Screenshot_2014-01-28-01-38-40.jpg

·
Registered
245 Posts
True. I already contacted a sticker company an i will let them print a front plate
Cool, as you know I'm from NL as well and was also leaning that way... which company?
And of course pics pics pics once you have it!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Cool, as you know I'm from NL as well and was also leaning that way... which company?
I have the same plan but it's not allowed in Switzerland (law). Is it in NL?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Not allowed, fine is 180 Euro. Hoping for consideration of traffic cops... if it becomes too expensive, we go to plan B.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The company is van nimwegen reclame. They have a template for numberplate stickers because they have done it more in the past

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ugly rear bumper for me, but no front license plate! How about adding these two real life practical topics/issues/limits/imperfections to the designer's brief for the 6C?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts