Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rough but all cosmetic and can be repaired. Tires are 245/30/19 rear (can't remember the brand) good shape 80%'ish, 205/40/18 front (oem Pirellis) one has come camber wear.

$400

Local pickup in Chicago area or I can arrange delivery within 400 miles from Chicago for additional $100.

20200605_230527.jpg

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I'd be interested but I'm in the UK. Pretty good value if they can be fixed up! Who would kerb a car like that though? ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Previous owers did this. My take this car was a rental at some point because it is in a rough shape exterior wise. Getting a full respray and love she deserves. I opted for a custom wheels so these are up for grabs.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
I'd put them on a balancing machine and see if they are still round before spending money making them pretty.

·
Registered
580 Posts
by the damage i doubt they are round anymore.. hahahahaha

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's keep the unnecessary comments out of this thread. Wheels are heavily scratched but are perfectly straight.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
After investigating it seems wheel refurbishment companies can correct buckled wheels anyway. I watched a youtube just now. They heat the rim up and use a little jack thing to push out the flat spot or dent. They spin the wheel on machine to check as they go until its perfect.

At this price, the OPs wheels are well worth getting repaired, especially if its only cosmetic work needed, although I don't think they charge a lot if they need straightening either.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Wheels are one of my worries when out driving and parking, always a risk of kerbing them, so to have an affordable not new or perfect set would make me feel much more relaxed. They could be your sacrificial set ! Shame they're in America 😠

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Op, if not too cheeky but how much did you pay for the car ?

A respray will be quite costly, and new wheels

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Vinyl wrapping is cheaper that respray and more consistent predictable outcome.
I would do it in one of the glowing satin pearl finishes, maybe some mean green and do the rims a dark smoky bronze :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Op, if not too cheeky but how much did you pay for the car ?

A respray will be quite costly, and new wheels
$23500. I do bodywork myself. On a car that all panels comes off and plastic and fiberglass is relatively easy. No metal flash rusting or corrosion protection to worry about.

I wouldn't want a bent repaired rim myself. I would scrap the thing and move on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts