Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

261 - 280 of 302 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Quick update based on the two I saw with complete info. Can a mod edit the first post?

I didn't have all Jamie's mods and there were a couple others with incomplete info. Look forward to seeing what else we get! :)

Reactions: Alfa128

·
Registered
182 Posts
This is from last night I’m on the right. 12.806 I’m at 4000 Ft elevation and it was 95 degrees when the racing started. I’m pretty happy with how quick this car can take off.
image.jpg
01570EE0-4CF1-42EE-B05A-2E7F212FCAE1.jpeg
I need to get my reaction time more consistent. But drag racing isn’t my cup of tea.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
This is from last night I’m on the right. 12.806 I’m at 4000 Ft elevation and it was 95 degrees when the racing started. I’m pretty happy with how quick this car can take off. View attachment 102013 View attachment 102014 I need to get my reaction time more consistent. But drag racing isn’t my cup of tea.
Mods other than wheels/tires?

Reactions: Bpeterse

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mods other than wheels/tires?
Yes I have a few modifications done. first is the wheels and tire setup advan rsII’s with hankook rs4 tires. Running 245/265, Next is kw coilovers, Alfa works race blocks, phase 3 eurocompulsion clone ecu, caliber customs custom titanium exhaust, EC v2 intake, upgraded intercooler piping, power flex racing bushing

Nothing crazy, but maybe down the road I’ll do a hybrid turbo but I think that’s the extent for this car. I have other cars I have lost my mind with so I’ll keep tinkering on those cars. Here’s a rear shot of the car at the track
74B63A48-D779-46DC-89AF-93AFA6A670DB.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
15,957 Posts
Quick update based on the two I saw with complete info. Can a mod edit the first post?

I didn't have all Jamie's mods and there were a couple others with incomplete info. Look forward to seeing what else we get! :)

Updated first post.
Thanks, John4C.
I kind of forgot that you cannot do that anymore.
Will watch this thread for future new versions of the table above.

·
Registered
323 Posts
If a Alpine A110 with 300HP can do a 11.5, some drivers here must be able to do a 11-11.5. Last weekend I had a Alpine salesman in my 4C and he was suprised how fast my 4C was running.

I still want to try mine, but problem is that the nearest drag strip is far, far away. I run at 296hp and weigh about 200kg less then the Alpine, so must get at least the same, or a quicker time.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
If a Alpine A110 with 300HP can do a 11.5, some drivers here must be able to do a 11-11.5. Last weekend I had a Alpine salesman in my 4C and he was suprised how fast my 4C was running.

I still want to try mine, but problem is that the nearest drag strip is far, far away. I run at 296hp and weigh about 200kg less then the Alpine, so must get at least the same, or a quicker time.
I saw that video too. I was surprised how quick the Alpine did it. I dont think we're that close to anyone doing 11.5 (maybe @Nimo; if he gives it a shot).

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Yes I have a few modifications done. first is the wheels and tire setup advan rsII’s with hankook rs4 tires. Running 245/265, Next is kw coilovers, Alfa works race blocks, phase 3 eurocompulsion clone ecu, caliber customs custom titanium exhaust, EC v2 intake, upgraded intercooler piping, power flex racing bushing

Nothing crazy, but maybe down the road I’ll do a hybrid turbo but I think that’s the extent for this car. I have other cars I have lost my mind with so I’ll keep tinkering on those cars. Here’s a rear shot of the car at the track View attachment 102023
Good time. Terrible conditions. Note how big the correction is. Would love to see what it does under better circumstances.

??

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I saw that video too. I was surprised how quick the Alpine did it. I dont think we're that close to anyone doing 11.5 (maybe @Nimo; if he gives it a shot).
Alpine running a 7-speed trans, so without seeing all the gear ratios and final drive ratio, they probably have a slight edge in keeping the engine in the sweet spot for a greater % of the time vs. the 4C and the 6-speed layout. Advantage: Alpine

Alpine also runs a very low top speed of 155, so that's 7 speeds with what seem to be a disproportionate amount of acceleration as it's prime function. Advantage: Alpine

Just my two cents.

·
Super Moderator
8,160 Posts
Alpine running a 7-speed trans, so without seeing all the gear ratios and final drive ratio, they probably have a slight edge in keeping the engine in the sweet spot for a greater % of the time vs. the 4C and the 6-speed layout. Advantage: Alpine

Alpine also runs a very low top speed of 155, so that's 7 speeds with what seem to be a disproportionate amount dof acceleration as it's prime function. Advantage: Alpine

Just my two cents.
Alpine 1100kg, 4C 975kg. Advantage 4C. (Aussie 4C weight quoted) How legit was that test? Add a basic tune for 280hp and 400Nm and they should be pretty even. I would love to see how a Scara modded 4C shakes up the data base and the Alpine. No info regarding tyres worn by each of cars involved unless I missed something (wouldn’t be a first).

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Tsk tsk tsk... always undervaluing more gears and better ratios (I say this without knowing them).

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program: 1/4 mile times (a non-metric thing. Nyah!)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Tsk tsk tsk... always undervaluing more gears and better ratios (I say this without knowing them).

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program: 1/4 mile times (a non-metric thing. Nyah!)
The fastest alfa is Jamies (with maybe more than 300 hp) and it did 11.99

The difference from 11.88 to 11.5 is quite big - i doubt any gearbox can cover this difference + some extra weight. Not to mention that the Alfa gearbox is not that bad for such a test.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Well, in standard trim the EU 4C is about 1,5-2 seconds faster from 0-200km/ph. So, after a tune it still must have the lead. 6speed or 7speed doesn't should have any influence, when in standard trim the 4C is already faster.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I did not offer a definitive answer. # of gears and gear ratios matter. That is all. Carry on. I consider these non-debatable.

Whether we dive into the exact math for each gear that each car pulls during a 1/4 mile run and consider everything from weight to tire size to front end lift adding drag, etc, is another matter. Not that interested.

However, if I see some other people initiate a conversation about how a heavier car can go (what appeared to be) nose to nose in 1/4 mile pulls, it is 100% legit to address the gearbox.

I mean, if we can't concede that, then we're a sorry lot.

I've avoided this thread for years. I respectfully bow out and -- once again -- encourage you to return to your regularly scheduled programming: Post times, tunes, etc.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good time. Terrible conditions. Note how big the correction is. Would love to see what it does under better circumstances.

??

Thanks John4c, ya hopefully next month will be a little cooler and if capable of getting my reaction time down (which is my main goal for next month) hopefully that will help bring the time down a little

·
Registered
756 Posts
The only Supra I seen go 12.1 on YouTube was tuned and at a drag strip. I think they also hit a few 12 flat or even an 11.9. I don't know that the 1/4 mile was the proper distance in that video.

261 - 280 of 302 Posts