Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

281 - 300 of 302 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
To give an idea about the speed of my 296 (real) HP 4C, this is against a 340hp Cayman:

I’m going to assume that we weren’t exceeding the speed limit by much, or street racing in traffic but just doing a pull on an open road. Boasting about stuff like that might get your posts deleted. I’m funny that way. You’ll find the other moderators are as well.

·
Super Moderator
8,201 Posts
I’m going to assume that we weren’t exceeding the speed limit by much, or street racing in traffic but just doing a pull on an open road. Boasting about stuff like that might get your posts deleted. I’m funny that way. You’ll find the other moderators are as well.
Agreed.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Double the speed limit. 200 kph in a 100 kph zone (non-autobahn/autosnelweg). I'm not a speed-nanny, but I'd suggest taking down the video from YouTube for the simple reason that it is evidence.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,712 Posts
Agreed. The OP and other Forum members needs to understand why we would pull this post. We can't condone speeding on public roads and on a public forum which would encourage others to do the same or present a challenge to others. Lots of liabilities and I certainly wouldn't want a public record of me speeding for anyone (my insurance company for instance) to see.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is it normal that the best time in the screenshot on p1 (Jamie top speed 116 with AWR only) doesn’t appear - and is slower than the best time - in the xls file ?

looking for the best config now for my car ?

·
Super Moderator
8,201 Posts
Is it normal that the best time in the screenshot on p1 (Jamie top speed 116 with AWR only) doesn’t appear - and is slower than the best time - in the xls file ?

looking for the best config now for my car ?
John4C has control of the sheet. It depends on when he’s around to update it. I think that’s the explanation you are after. If not, explain further.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Lol I was 29 when I made that pass, I just don't really care about reaction time. It's pretty useless during a T&T. And yep totally stock other than the 71r tires.
lol. I am borderline boomer gen-x....so only made that comment in fun. did you at least take some tire pressure off before running bone stock? deflate those babies a little??

·
Registered
79 Posts
lol. I am borderline boomer gen-x....so only made that comment in fun. did you at least take some tire pressure off before running bone stock? deflate those babies a little??
because if not, then that time is even more impressive. you cannot drag any car at recommended PSI

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow, this thread is an eye opener.
I had looked at it before briefly but never the whole thing.

If you are thinking about getting a tune and doing other mods, I would reevaluate your expectations.

I'm not suggesting they are not worthwhile but the gains are far smaller than what you can expect on many other cars and I think far less than the tuning companies claim.

If you take away the Alfaworks tunes (which do seem to get the best gains) the next best tune here is gaining a paltry 3 tenths, and 3 mph at the top end compared to a stock car, yet the car has a tune, down pipe, bigger intercooler etc.

Compare that to the tune on my Golf R (just a tune) where I picked up 8 tenths at on the 1/4 mile and 6 mph at the top end. APR who developed my tune claim a 25% increase in power with the tune, despite half the gains in time / speed, some tuning companies here are claiming increases in power up to 40%

·
Super Moderator
8,201 Posts
Wow, this thread is an eye opener.
I had looked at it before briefly but never the whole thing.

If you are thinking about getting a tune and doing other mods, I would reevaluate your expectations.

I'm not suggesting they are not worthwhile but the gains are far smaller than what you can expect on many other cars and I think far less than the tuning companies claim.

If you take away the Alfaworks tunes (which do seem to get the best gains) the next best tune here is gaining a paltry 3 tenths, and 3 mph at the top end compared to a stock car, yet the car has a tune, down pipe, bigger intercooler etc.

Compare that to the tune on my Golf R (just a tune) where I picked up 8 tenths at on the 1/4 mile and 6 mph at the top end. APR who developed my tune claim a 25% increase in power with the tune, despite half the gains in time / speed, some tuning companies here are claiming increases in power up to 40%
Quarter mile times are so dependent on initial tyre hook-up. Any mistake and your time is screwed. That’s why a 100-200km/h pull time, if it can be done reliably, is a better indicator of engine performance. That being said, as I’m an Alfaworks fanboy, Spiderman is my hero.

·
Registered
76 Posts
To be honest, I don't remember, its been too long. I feel like I probably didn't though. A longitudinal launch, regardless of RPM and grip, isn't going to make a 71r sidewall wrinkle.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Quarter mile times are so dependent on initial tyre hook-up. Any mistake and your time is screwed. That’s why a 100-200km/h pull time, if it can be done reliably, is a better indicator of engine performance. That being said, as I’m an Alfaworks fanboy, Spiderman is my hero.
As Ben alluded to you can ignore E.T. from a drag race as times are dependent on the launch etc...
But what you really want to look at is trap speed. That is a better measure of horsepower because it takes the launch out of the equation.
Ben made some good observations.

281 - 300 of 302 Posts