Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

181 - 200 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Yea so its just the lack of downpipe ......cant wait to hear it .....power is way up in your opinion ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Considering it needs a retune, seems like the money spent on the ECU is a waste IMO. The downpipe is on the req sheet for this phase 3 build, so I don't get it. Did I miss something?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not required you're right..... I would imagine, and according to my guy at the shop, a retune will lean out the mixture and avoid the gas chamber when stationary. Can anyone else confirm??

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
The smell is from going cat-less, going cat-less you are essentially removing the "filter, in layman's terms" of the exhaust system. Its why you have a strong fuel type smell.

Selecting the catless/High-flow cat option optimizes the car and removes the CEL P0420 code associated with switching to a catless/high-flow down-pipe.

It is not required nor did we run one during dyno testing BUT for those looking for maximum power-output its a good option. You should see increases of 10-15hp.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It’s the launch mode of race mode where it shifts automatically. But it only shifts automatically during the launch not all the time.
Now I’m expecting you to ask me how to do a launch?
I showed my wife a launch mode in Dynamic and then in Race she loved it, now wants to try it herself

·
Registered
286 Posts
Is it possible to “tune” some of the smell away?

The smell is from going cat-less, going cat-less you are essentially removing the "filter, in layman's terms" of the exhaust system. Its why you have a strong fuel type smell.

Selecting the catless/High-flow cat option optimizes the car and removes the CEL P0420 code associated with switching to a catless/high-flow down-pipe.

It is not required nor did we run one during dyno testing BUT for those looking for maximum power-output its a good option. You should see increases of 10-15hp.

181 - 200 of 221 Posts