Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

201 - 220 of 221 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Phase 3, with intercooler, should really help sustain peak performance. Single instance performance shouldn't be as impacted by this (really not at all).

Head over the the 4C quarter mile database. No EC tune is remotely competitive. No reason to suspect this is any different.

Let’s avoid the stupidity and focus only on objective data. The same company that advertised stage 2 at 320whp and couldn’t crack a competitive time in the real world result column has released a new tune.

Doesn’t take a genius, lol.

Use your brains folks, ask your tuner what their background is. Protect your investment in your 4C. Ask questions. Get honest answers 👍🏼

MODERATOR NOTE - THIS IS EDITED TO REMOVE LIBLE CONTENT TO PROTECT THE FORUM AND THE PERSON BEHIND THE POST

·
Registered
113 Posts
Phase 3, with intercooler, should really help sustain peak performance. Single instance performance shouldn't be as impacted by this (really not at all).

Head over the the 4C quarter mile database. No EC tune is remotely competitive. No reason to suspect this is any different.

Let’s avoid the stupidity and focus only on objective data. The same company that advertised stage 2 at 320whp and couldn’t crack a competitive time in the real world result column has released a new tune.

Doesn’t take a genius, lol.

Use your brains folks, ask your tuner what their background is. Protect your investment in your 4C. Ask questions. Get honest answers 👍🏼
Hey john what do you mean no EC tune is remotely competitive? I’m the guy that has the 4 fastest 4c in the quarter mile database and am at a higher elevation than average and is not a drag racer.

I mean it doesn’t take a genius.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Hey john what do you mean no EC tune is remotely competitive? I’m the guy that has the 4 fastest 4c in the quarter mile database and am at a higher elevation than average and is not a drag racer.

I mean it doesn’t take a genius.
what are you talking about? I maintain that and correct everyone for elevation and temp and you’re barely top ten , wtf 😂😂😂😂

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
what are you talking about? I maintain that and correct everyone for elevation and temp and you’re barely top ten , wtf 😂😂😂😂
Seriously. You’re best time is almost one full second (unadjusted) and 5mph adjusted off the top. Where are you getting this shit? 😂😂😂

·
Registered
113 Posts
<quoted content deleted by moderator - no need for this to be repeated>.
Man someone is upset... From the photo of the last sheet I have seen I’m not barely top ten. (As provided). If it’s been updated since then I guess I’ll have to get back to the track.

as for the name calling congrats on being 12.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,291 Posts
Man someone is upset... From the photo of the last sheet I have seen I’m not barely top ten. (As provided). If it’s been updated since then I guess I’ll have to get back to the track.

as for the name calling congrats on being 12.
Who knows if this “adjusted database” is even legit.
It’s a member’s personaly database and not vetted. The person who maintains it clearly has an axe to grind against one vendor and anyone who supports them. So, treat it with some degree of scepticism.

Meanwhile, John4C has received warnings for his personal attacks here, and is well on his way to being banned. Opinions can be expressed, and they are bound to be varied. And they can be argued and debated. But on no account do these need to become personal attacks. This board draws a line at cyber bullying as long as I’m moderating it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You guys have the same car , in face we all do . Not sure i see a point here

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Lol gold I was thinking along the lines of who has the biggest d*ck, hey wait we all have the same d*ck its just that some of us play with it more. 😂

·
Super Moderator
3,296 Posts
0-60 times are a test of a good launch and tire adhesion. Quarter mile time AND top speed is more telling. But if you want a drag car you should have bought one. I would rather put the money into handing improvements.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The smell is from going cat-less, going cat-less you are essentially removing the "filter, in layman's terms" of the exhaust system. Its why you have a strong fuel type smell.

Selecting the catless/High-flow cat option optimizes the car and removes the CEL P0420 code associated with switching to a catless/high-flow down-pipe.

It is not required nor did we run one during dyno testing BUT for those looking for maximum power-output its a good option. You should see increases of 10-15hp.

When selecting HFC/Catless downpipe in the dropdown, is this only to prevent CEL’s? Or does the tune take advantage of the improved flow? Do you have any plans of installing a DP, and dyno tuning?

·
Super Moderator
3,296 Posts
When selecting HFC/Catless downpipe in the dropdown, is this only to prevent CEL’s? Or does the tune take advantage of the improved flow? Do you have any plans of installing a DP, and dyno tuning?
Check out their web site...it will answer your questions. And yes EC has a dyno. That being said.....you can't compare results for one car on one dyno vs. another car on a different dyno....too much variability. You can test the same car on the same dyno to show AB changes and that is valid.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Check out their web site...it will answer your questions. And yes EC has a dyno. That being said.....you can't compare results for one car on one dyno vs. another car on a different dyno....too much variability. You can test the same car on the same dyno to show AB changes and that is valid.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
141 Posts
See post #5 and #9:

201 - 220 of 221 Posts