Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

341 - 360 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
if i ever need to take the car to the dealer and replaced it back to stock would they be able to tell that i had after market intake installed ?

·
Registered
8,542 Posts
if i ever need to take the car to the dealer and replaced it back to stock would they be able to tell that i had after market intake installed ?
Depends. Did someone botch the install or the reinstall?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions on how often the V2 intake filter should be cleaned? I seem to remember EC stating 2 years but that seems a little long. Mine has been on the car for 1yr & 6,000km. By looking through the intake it still looks clean but its hard to gauge as it has the water repellent sock covering.

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions on how often the V2 intake filter should be cleaned? I seem to remember EC stating 2 years but that seems a little long. Mine has been on the car for 1yr & 6,000km. By looking through the intake it still looks clean but its hard to gauge as it has the water repellent sock covering.
How many miles, and in what conditions do your drive?

Recall Call me Al’s being completely caked in a lot less than 2 years. I would suggest that between his multi-state rally and a lot of track miles in an area that apparently has a lot of dust in the air, his service interval might have been 6 months or less. But most people’s mileage will vary considerably from that.

How hard is it to get to and inspect?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Is this intake improving the turbo lag, engine response ?
Some wrote that it somehow improves the engine response but the extra noise may influence this feedback.

So: Is the engine more responsive (less turbo lag) or is just the extra noise that make users to believe this?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Is this intake improving the turbo lag, engine response ?
Some wrote that it somehow improves the engine response but the extra noise may influence this feedback.

So: Is the engine more responsive (less turbo lag) or is just the extra noise that make users to believe this?

It’s probably a little of both honestly. LOL

It has some slight improvement, but then the added sound makes you feel like it has a MASSIVE improvement.

I have it, and I love it. Took some getting used to the noise, now I find it a hell of a lot of fun. Especially in the summer when it’s going off right next to someone with their window down and they’re looking around like...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
668 Posts
IMO it does it - but don't expect that your engine suddenly becomes completely lag free with razor sharp response.
I really like it and things it does.
It feels a bit more powerful too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How much did madness charge you to install?

I receive my V2 intake today, and since I don't want to touch the car, or should
I say- SHOULDNT touch the car because I'd probably break something- I'll be having it installed at my favorite Alfa 4C shop here in SoCal, Madness Autoworks in Signal Hill, on Tuesday. Can't wait to see/hear the difference. I've contemplated all the extra hoses and things like that- but between my Madness exhaust, EC Phase 2 tune, and now the EC V2 intake, I think that's it for any performance upgrades on this car for me.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,712 Posts
Depends if you are able to replace the stock hose clamps which aren't reusable.

·
Registered
8,542 Posts
Generally speaking, intake & exhaust won't effect the warranty. I think the larger reality is that the warranty isn't void until you try to make a claim. If you blow the engine, the intake and/or exhaust are probably not at fault and they know that. An aftermarket ECU or piggyback would take the blame, even if that's not the actual cause. The good news is, that the piggyback or ECU can be swapped out easily before being towed into the dealer.

But, as someone much wiser than me once said, "If you're concerned about voiding the warranty, don't mod the car." I'll add to that with, "Take your car to your local AR dealer for all service work." When and if they try to void the warranty, you can honestly say, "But you're the only shop that's ever worked on my car."

·
Premium Member
2018 Madreperla White Coupe
38 Posts
Hi all,
I installed the EC V2 cold air intake a couple of months ago and I want to say this is HANDS DOWN THE BEST valued upgrade to the car. You can hear the turbo breathe now and as many have said, the noise is addicting and you want more of it, all the time...forever. I’ve had many admirers and compliments from afar on the sound alone and it makes the car sound as good as it looks.
If you find it too loud and competing with the exhaust noise, it doesn’t show up at all throttle positions, only in the higher ranges, so if you’re accelerating vigorously, which is what this car’s made to do, it’s going to happen ?. As for the everyday trips in natural mode, it won’t blow your ears out if you want to get around sensibly.
EuroCompulsion did a great job with this upgrade and laid out clear instructions for this. Definitely will be a return customer and looking for more of their performance and aesthetic upgrades.
Cheers all,

·
Registered
668 Posts
i like it too.
everyone should monitor status of the air filter - this is how mine looked after 15,000 km.
and i'm using a sock over the filter....

·
Registered
28 Posts
You will not have any issues, it was tested pretty heavily here and we have never had any issues or concerns. It also sits up a bit higher than the stock induction system.
Do you have a picture of it on the car? i found a few but they all show the engine without the alfa cover. Is that just because it was done after the install or is that how it will be?

341 - 360 of 372 Posts