Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
361 - 380 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would say pretty easy. Remove the right rear wheel and pull back liner and swap the filters. My car had the stage 1 tube attached to the stock snorkel and I thought it was easy once I got the snorkel out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am interested to install one too... but seems out of stock from the website....🤦🏻
Same. Wifey gave me permission to buy the EC finally today. How hard is it to flash to V2 if i just go with V1 until Intake back in stock? Just mail it back and get new tune? May start with a V1 if so.

·
Registered
471 Posts
So to recap....sprint filter, designed for off road and racing, great as long as fits well, which it does in the 4c. Slight increase in induction noise, and breathes better than stock. May increase power/response a small amount.
V2, also filters well, but dramatically increases induction noise, and repositions intake away from hotter area. May increase power and response a small amount over sprint.
Did I get this right? Anyone have any other reason why either would be more harmful than stock or better than the other?

·
Registered
105 Posts
So to recap....sprint filter, designed for off road and racing, great as long as fits well, which it does in the 4c. Slight increase in induction noise, and breathes better than stock. May increase power/response a small amount.
V2, also filters well, but dramatically increases induction noise, and repositions intake away from hotter area. May increase power and response a small amount over sprint.
Did I get this right? Anyone have any other reason why either would be more harmful than stock or better than the other?

Thanks Heavyfoot.
Do you know exact difference from V1 to V2?
I can’t really tell, all seems has to replace pipes.
EC mentioned the it is the Sprinter filter that is out of stock. Wondering will other brand filter compatible the EC intake piping?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
V1 upgrades the hose from the MAF to the turbo inlet with a silicone hose. V1 also upgrades the drop in filter in the stock airbox with a Sprint filter.
Intake sound is relative as it is a tad louder but compared to the exhaust tone, it is minimal.

V2 replaces the stock air intake all together. You remove the stock airbox, install the upgraded silicone hose from the turbo inlet to the MAF and connect the open element filter to the MAF.
Intake sound is definitely increased compared to stock and how good and/or tolerable that increase and difference in sound is (or isn't) is dependent on the driver (and passenger). But I would make a guess that there is a 20:1 ratio of owners who love them vs. don't love them. I maybe completely wrong but people who don't like it are in the vast minority.

Any intake will not significantly increase power, if any. But the intake is more of an additive component to increasing engine efficiency and maximizing the most out of your tune.

Personally I absolutely love the V2 sound. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
V1 upgrades the hose from the MAF to the turbo inlet with a silicone hose. V1 also upgrades the drop in filter in the stock airbox with a Sprint filter.
Intake sound is relative as it is a tad louder but compared to the exhaust tone, it is minimal.

V2 replaces the stock air intake all together. You remove the stock airbox, install the upgraded silicone hose from the turbo inlet to the MAF and connect the open element filter to the MAF.
Intake sound is definitely increased compared to stock and how good and/or tolerable that increase and difference in sound is (or isn't) is dependent on the driver (and passenger). But I would make a guess that there is a 20:1 ratio of owners who love them vs. don't love them. I maybe completely wrong but people who don't like it are in the vast minority.

Any intake will not significantly increase power, if any. But the intake is more of an additive component to increasing engine efficiency and maximizing the most out of your tune.

Personally I absolutely love the V2 sound. :)
Thanks! Doc,
According to the way v2 shoorten the air path, it already make me fill 10HP faster......
Let's hope Eurocomplusion have the stock available soon.
Or any forum member had used one willing to sell?

·
Registered
2015 Rosso Alfa Launch Edition
34 Posts
Thanks! Doc,
According to the way v2 shoorten the air path, it already make me fill 10HP faster......
Let's hope Eurocomplusion have the stock available soon.
Or any forum member had used one willing to sell?
I'm also in the market for one - here's to hoping that they're back in stock soon!

·
Registered
105 Posts
EC emailed said the availability date has been pushed to early February due to a new supplier of the filter.
Just wondering why won’t EC use BMC or KN for the kit or simply provide the option to use either one of them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Since there is still no estimate of the V2 intake will be available.
And he difference of V1 and V2 is just the filter itself and V1 kept the OEM filter canister.
I am thinking to purchase the V1 kit without filter and to seek other open filter solution.
Any suggestions for open filter replacement?
Does anyone know what is the diameter of the MAF?
Thansk

·
Registered
751 Posts
Since there is still no estimate of the V2 intake will be available.
And he difference of V1 and V2 is just the filter itself and V1 kept the OEM filter canister.
I am thinking to purchase the V1 kit without filter and to seek other open filter solution.
Any suggestions for open filter replacement?
Does anyone know what is the diameter of the MAF?
Thansk
Michalek the Italian (forummember) was working on a AEM intake solution.Maybe pm him?

·
Registered
105 Posts
i gave up with the kit, ended up with ordered an V1 kit without filter and with a filter from Green Filter.
Works exact the same but just the filter is different from they used to supplied.

361 - 380 of 382 Posts