Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
I am sorry but I think that story is a bunch of cr*p! They have no idea what they are talking about an simply throw out ideas or rumours and "sell" them as news.
Nothing will come out for the US market before it is officially presented at the LA Auto Show in November

·
Registered
502 Posts
The price in the UK is £52 000. No chance it will be that cheap in the US. Totally agree with Deppio there!

·
Registered
4 Posts
That converts to $83,449.60 today. That's kind of what I was expecting. A fully loaded Lotus Evora is around $100k so this seems inline.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Did anyone notice what's under the photos? Wonder how that got there?

·
Registered
13 Posts
That doesn't seem totally out of line. We get really spoiled in the US, paying less than the rest of the world. The base price of a Cayman is $52,600. As that's the closest competitor, $54k seems reasonable. I think the LE will be more though.

However, the article states the 4C will be sold at Maserati dealers. I thought it was Fiat dealers in the US?

Seems nobody really knows anything!

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
I am sorry but I think that story is a bunch of cr*p! They have no idea what they are talking about an simply throw out ideas or rumours and "sell" them as news.
Nothing will come out for the US market before it is officially presented at the LA Auto Show in November
We went to the LA Auto show in November and Alfa Romeo was not there. I was, disappointed. :(

But, I did go to my local Fiat dealer the other to get my name on a waiting list. This is the same dealer that services my wifes Fiat 500C (2012). I'm 5th on the list. :(

·
Registered
642 Posts
Just got an email from a friend of mine in Dallas. Dealer said he can order one now... for $86K!

86K? WTF?
That equates roughly to what we are paying for 4C Launch Editions in the rest of the world. But then AR is running the risk of over pricing the 4C in the US. Especially since cars tend be a little cheaper state side

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Let's not forget that prices outside the US are generally quoted incl. sales tax/VAT. Generally about 20% and can be as high as 25% in for example Sweden and the other nordic counties.

The real price difference therefore is not as big as it sounds. Though $86K is of course ridiculous.

·
Registered
964 Posts
for $86k they will not find a lot of buyers for a 4C ... I will walk away if that is what they will try to sell it for. That is 911 territory!

Anyway, I think it is cow excrement, so I do not worry about it. My best guess is $60,900 for the LE and $53,500 for the standard + delivery

·
Registered
616 Posts
for $86k they will not find a lot of buyers for a 4C ... I will walk away if that is what they will try to sell it for. That is 911 territory!

Anyway, I think it is cow excrement, so I do not worry about it. My best guess is $60,900 for the LE and $53,500 for the standard + delivery
Hmmm. Maybe. On the basis that many things end up UK pound to dollar equivalent (including some cars).

However, mine (standard with sport and luxury upgrades) will cost just over £53,000 in the UK.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Ha. We're being quoted AUD$100k-$120k before stamp duty and registration here in Australia for an LE.

Will wait and see what the official price is though, as pricing will not be announced until just before the launch.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ha. We're being quoted AUD$100k-$120k before stamp duty and registration here in Australia for an LE.

Will wait and see what the official price is though, as pricing will not be announced until just before the launch.
Oz car pricing is nuts ... that is why I drove a hyundai when I lived there.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Early reports suggested it might be as high as $80,000. But that didn't include extra air bags. The USA version will probably get more crap (creature comforts) the the rest of the world. All this means more money to the consumer. How much of this $89,000 is dealer mark-up? Or is that Alfa's MSRP?

·
Registered
531 Posts

That's up for grabs Trappist!!! In the Netherlands we have to pay 71.000 euro for an LE that's $98.0000!! For $60.900 I would not hesitate for more that a split second:dodgy:. Feels like we are paying for your cars also:mad:
But that did not keep me from buying one though:D
Willem

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hi Willem, yes, cars are cheap in the US.
My target price of $60,900 is my best guess. But if you would add 21% VAT to this you end up with $73,689, which is 53,500 EUR. In Belgie kost de 4C LE 60,000 EUR, incl 21% VAT
A Porsche Cayman costs 53k EUR in Belgium, adding the letter S will drive the cost up to 67k EUR, positioning the 4C LE right in the middle.
A Porsche Cayman costs $52,600 in the US (excl VAT) and the S sells for $63,800 (excl VAT).

Hence my guess of $60,900 for the 4C LE as I would be very surprised that they would price it higher than a cayman S.

PS. a base 911 S has a list price of $98,900 excl VAT, similar to what you paid for a 4C LE in the Netherlands after 'bijtelling' and VAT. The new M3 will be listed for around $62k

I am not discussing the merits of these cars, I only use them as price positioning points.

So in short, the majority in the difference is because of the tax system, part of it is due to high volume unified US market

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The "congratulations you're an Alfa dealer" packets are going out now. My dealer says he'll know any day now. I'm talking directly to the GM.

My guess is my friend's dealer is asking 20K over MSRP for early adopters. I told him to wait for the NY show when they release real pricing.

Prices quoted in the US never include tax as each state-- in fact each city -- has a different tax structure to handle sales tax. Luckily the 4c will avoid the "gas guzzlers" tax of $3500 for burning too much fuel.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts