Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

Oil filter

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Pizzadude2010 
#1 ·
Not sure oil filter has ever been changed!! Or the incredible hulk torqued the oil filter. Tried by hand for an hour. Quick run to NAPA and back with oil filter wrench... dam° thing just spun! Had to use the old screwdriver trick. What a mess it makes in an already tight environment!
Well anyway. Oil changed, brakes flushed with Motul 600! Antifreeze and windshield washer topped off hood back on. I'm ready 1st autocross next weekend and 1st track day following friday!!

#3 ·
FYI for others. One of the members from believe it was Florida posted this tool a year back. I haven't changed my own since then due to some engine challenges but will be ordering. Supposed to be the best tool and made it easy to remove. It's insane how tight those filters are from the factory.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078K4Z2Z...colid=7WIK6P9PQCQ1&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

OEM TOOLS 25101 Adjustable Magnetic Oil Filter Wrench (3-Jaw), 1 Pack

#4 ·
Not sure oil filter has ever been changed!! Or the incredible hulk torqued the oil filter. Tried by hand for an hour. Quick run to NAPA and back with oil filter wrench... dam° thing just spun! Had to use the old screwdriver trick. What a mess it makes in an already tight environment!
Well anyway. Oil changed, brakes flushed with Motul 600! Antifreeze and windshield washer topped off hood back on. I'm ready 1st autocross next weekend and 1st track day following friday!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.