Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Just like the title says, nearly 6 months after I thought my search was over, I've found a 4c for sale just 50 miles north of me - it's a beautiful 2015 black-on-black coupe with just 17k miles on it, and I'll be going to see it next Monday once it's got a new windshield on it - only thing that's got me a little worried is I can't seem to find any information about whether the 5 year service interval was covered or not - not from the Audi dealer it's at, not from the carfax or autocheck reports I pulled. I talked to the closest alfa dealer to where the car's at and they said they'd do a full inspection for $250 which I might just get done anyways, although it's been regularly serviced so I'm really just wondering if the timing/serpentine belts and water pump were ever changed and the bolt tightening done. Just my luck too - in 2019, right around the time that service would have been done, the car was serviced at an alfa dealer that is now permanently closed so I can't call them to check lol.

Here's what I'm hoping - someone will recognize this car, maybe I'll even find the owner on here, and I can find out that way - otherwise, I'll just wait til monday and get that inspection done. The listing has unfortunately been taken down temporarily while the windshield is being repaired, but the car was owned by two people, most recently by someone in maryland/virginia from 12/20/2019 to about a month ago. Looks like it was bought in Virginia Beach, but serviced around suffolk/franklin VA and sold to (or somehow ended up at) Audi Hunt Valley in Cockeysville, MD.

Let me know if any of this info rings a bell! Looking forward to finally being an owner of one of these beautiful things.

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
Good luck. I hope someone can fill you in on the missing information on the car. Is the service booklet with the car? It should have the dealer stamps, dates and mileages for each annual service.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck. I hope someone can fill you in on the missing information on the car. Is the service booklet with the car? It should have the dealer stamps, dates and mileages for each annual service.
Not sure! I'll check when I go up on monday.

Honestly, worst case, I'm in touch with a guy up in Staten Island (only about 4 hours north of me) who has a 4c for sale, black on red, 24k miles and he's willing to sell to me for 50k. One of the seats has a small black mark in the left shoulder area and there's a very small shallow scratch on the driver's side of the tub. other than that, I know for a fact that he's completed the 5 year service, so if this one doesn't have it done, I'll just drive 4 hours north and it's a done deal haha. I swear I will not let anything get in my way this time!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Southern Dodge in Norfolk VA had a black one on the showroom years ago and the dealership is still open and has a couple of Alfas in the parking lot. No spiders or 4c/s Service advisors have changed since I bought my 2016 there so you may not get any good information. If you can get the VIN number it may be tracked somewhere in the Alfa system.
Joe

·
Registered
504 Posts
I don’t think there is a “service book” for stamping in the US. Service should be logged at the dealer and Alfa is supposed to have that information. Did you ask the Alfa dealer for a service history document.

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
I don’t think there is a “service book” for stamping in the US. Service should be logged at the dealer and Alfa is supposed to have that information. Did you ask the Alfa dealer for a service history document.
Really? I’m glad we Aussies are still last century. We got the old fashioned service booklet that gets filled out and stamped at each service.

·
Administrator
18,504 Posts
Really? I’m glad we Aussies are still last century. We got the old fashioned service booklet that gets filled out and stamped at each service.
Yeah, really.
I was going to point that out after your earlier post but let it slide.
Probably given the sparsity of the dealer network over here at the time the 4C was launched. And the cost of the car - one could easily spec a pickup truck or even a Jeep Grand Cherokee to a higher list price than the 4C launched at, so I doubt the idea if a service booklet à-la Ferrari probably would not have been taken overly seriously. My thought, anyway.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I bumped into this 2016 4c Spider which is very low miles 4500k and appears and i say appears in pretty good shape. Never bought a car thru Carvana. This was the color and options i originally wanted 6 years ago.
VIN ZARBAAB48GM177402

There is a total of 4 for sale on Carvana

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
Yeah, really.
I was going to point that out after your earlier post but let it slide.
Probably given the sparsity of the dealer network over here at the time the 4C was launched. And the cost of the car - one could easily spec a pickup truck or even a Jeep Grand Cherokee to a higher list price than the 4C launched at, so I doubt the idea if a service booklet à-la Ferrari probably would not have been taken overly seriously. My thought, anyway.
I thought it was more Alfa trying to appear hip and happening to the New World on its relaunch over there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all!

Just like the title says, nearly 6 months after I thought my search was over, I've found a 4c for sale just 50 miles north of me - it's a beautiful 2015 black-on-black coupe with just 17k miles on it, and I'll be going to see it next Monday once it's got a new windshield on it - only thing that's got me a little worried is I can't seem to find any information about whether the 5 year service interval was covered or not - not from the Audi dealer it's at, not from the carfax or autocheck reports I pulled. I talked to the closest alfa dealer to where the car's at and they said they'd do a full inspection for $250 which I might just get done anyways, although it's been regularly serviced so I'm really just wondering if the timing/serpentine belts and water pump were ever changed and the bolt tightening done. Just my luck too - in 2019, right around the time that service would have been done, the car was serviced at an alfa dealer that is now permanently closed so I can't call them to check lol.

Here's what I'm hoping - someone will recognize this car, maybe I'll even find the owner on here, and I can find out that way - otherwise, I'll just wait til monday and get that inspection done. The listing has unfortunately been taken down temporarily while the windshield is being repaired, but the car was owned by two people, most recently by someone in maryland/virginia from 12/20/2019 to about a month ago. Looks like it was bought in Virginia Beach, but serviced around suffolk/franklin VA and sold to (or somehow ended up at) Audi Hunt Valley in Cockeysville, MD.

Let me know if any of this info rings a bell! Looking forward to finally being an owner of one of these beautiful things.

·
Registered
Coupe sold. Kept wheels for Spider
456 Posts
I bumped into this 2016 4c Spider which is very low miles 4500k and appears and i say appears in pretty good shape. Never bought a car thru Carvana. This was the color and options i originally wanted 6 years ago.
VIN ZARBAAB48GM177402

There is a total of 4 for sale on Carvana
I call bullshat on that Carvana ad. That car was sold months ago. I still keep getting notifications that it's available and every time you go to their website you get 'purchase pending/purchase in progress'........ bait and switch, I think I get the note every time they list another example. Just their way of saying 'too bad you missed this one, here's another'.
It might have been returned once or twice under their 'return policy' since now listed w/ about 700 more miles than it was originally. Made me really think it Was available again.............Not

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sir, no need to worry. these cars are built for battles. they are tuff, wait till you take it out for a spin. Careful, you'll need to get used to it. i bought mine 6 months ago with 11k miles. even smelled new. good luck
I actually got to take it on a test drive...made the 5 hour trip up to NJ just to run into issues with my bank so I just drove it and came back home lol. Was supposed to go back and pick it up on Wednesday but seller had a family emergency and is now indefinitely in Florida...unfortunate but I'm thinking it's worth the wait.

Honestly, my test drive was pleasantly surprising to me. It was pretty brief, but the steering isn't as heavy as people complain about it being, the suspension isn't as stiff as people say it is (this one has race suspension), the trunk is bigger than it looks in pictures (really the whole car is bigger than it looks), and there's more space on the inside than I thought! Overall I was actually very happy with it and it far exceeded my expectations. It's really unfortunate about the delay because driving it made me all the more impatient to own one...haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts