Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo Launch Edition Coupe
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, had to break down and order a new QuickJack 3500.
Found a great deal online... free shipping, 10% off first order (such a deal!), and they even throw in 3 quarts of ATF for free... how could I pass up such a good deal!
Will let you know my impressions of this nifty hydraulic jack as soon as it arrives and I assemble and set it up.
Anyone considering one of these, there are some good YouTube vids you should look at first... just for fun.

Took advantage of a beautiful Colorado day (high 70's), so took a long drive... perfect!
Get out and have fun with those beautiful 4C's... as wonderful as they are to look at sitting in the garage, they are a BLAST to drive....

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
A bunch of members have them and like them.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the 3500 and the 5000 I love them. No need for wood or anything else to get the 4c up off the ground.

setup tip> don't use a screw on type air pump to pressurize the air cylinder.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,953 Posts
I have the 3500 which is a great lift. It is lighter than the 5000 which makes sense for its duty but is perfect for the 4C. Have had mine for about 4 years...works great. As mentioned above use a clamp type nozzle of better...get a bike floor pump but make sure it clamps onto the air valve. I finally got an extender from Walmart that make it a bit easier to clamp on. Don't forget to pump up to just a bit less than the max. pressure whenever you use it.

I did find that if you have a GF breaker on the house wall plug it may trip it. I just run an extension cord to a non GF wall plug. I love that you can lock it in one of two positions safely to make it similar to being on jack stands....very safe. To store each of the lift sides I lean up against a wall so they take very little room. Make sure you have some sort of a restraint so they don't get knocked down and fall on something expensive like your car.Some also just drive over them but I don't recommend that....the clearance is close and you don't want to snag something. There are small wheels on each end so you can easily pull it around the garage instead of lifting the whole thing. The compressor assembly and motor is a separate unit so can be stored elsewhere.

The quick connects take a little effort to connect to compress the springs....I place one end in each hand and use my knees to exert a bit more force to push them together.
They come with two sets of rubber spacers....the small size is what I use...and you must use them to protect the car.

They aren't the equal of a big 2 or 4 post lift....but they don't take over the entire garage....and are a far cheaper solution for home mechanics.

One caution.....any lift that gets your cars wheels and tires off the ground should not be used to store your vehicle for long periods such as in Winter hibernation. I have heard that having your suspension hanging down with no load for long periods of time is not good for it....seals can go bad on shocks, stress on rubber bushings, etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the tips and hints regarding using, and setting up, the QuickJack.
I did quite a bit of research, on the 4C forum and elsewhere, on these lifts before finally pulling the trigger and buying one.
YouTube has several very good vids about using these... very nice!
It is obvious car owners love these lifts....

I assume an air compressor with a standard tire valve nozzle will work to fill the air cylinders, as long as I am careful not to overfill them?
How do you feel regarding working under the car with the safety locks engaged? I imagine it must be totally safe... as much as jack stands?

I have a dedicated circuit outlet in the garage (for an air compressor), installed by the previous homeowner, that will be perfect for this unit.
I shouldn't have to run an extension.
Also have a perfect spot to lean the frames against, though I might have to look into the hangers, just from a security standpoint... sure don't want the to fall over onto anything important, like the 4C!!!!

Such a deal!!!!

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
I’m itching to buy this. To those UK members that have one, is £1066.99 delivered a fair price for the 3500?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the 3500 that I bought last year for my miata's (one of which is lowered) and my 500 abarth. Still waiting for my new to me 4c to be delivered but it's nice to know that it should work just fine. My experience with it has been great. I swap tires out for auto crossing and this certainly makes life easier. Besides, it looks cool.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I’m itching to buy this. To those UK members that have one, is £1066.99 delivered a fair price for the 3500?
I paid £1029 delivered 18 months ago from Costco , it’s about the going rate, you need to get one floro as it’s great to have the power to lift your 4C at the click of a switch, I lift mine and leave the garage door up to make me look like a real car engineer to passers by.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After researching prices online, I ordered mine from Pelican Parts.
They have the 3500, in either 12v or 120v, listed for $1,150 with free shipping.
However, they offer a 10% discount for first time customers, and even throw in 3 quarts of ATF.
So, with taxes, this set me back just over $1,100... not a bad deal.

I was looking on Craigslist, on the off chance I could find a previously owned one.
Sure enough, a QuickJack 7000 showed up, not too far from me.
Looked brand new from the many photos and description, and the owner was asking $1,000, probably a good price.
But the 7000 model is more than I want or need, so I settled on the 3500....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Exactly what I thought, as well.
Also, don't need to lug around a lot more weight that is probably necessary with the model 7000.

I feel like a kid at Christmas!
Can hardly wait for the QuickJack to arrive so I can set it up and use it...(y)

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,953 Posts
Exactly what I thought, as well.
Also, don't need to lug around a lot more weight that is probably necessary with the model 7000.

I feel like a kid at Christmas!
Can hardly wait for the QuickJack to arrive so I can set it up and use it...(y)
View attachment 116261
Lighter weight is why I got the 3500 instead of the 5000 or 7000. Also as mentioned....you can lean up against a wall BUT make sure you lash it to the wall or hang on a hanger.....don't want this bad boy falling over on your 4C.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Amen to that!
I'll wait for it to arrive and, after assembly, come up with a good way to attach the ramps to the wall.
I'm pretty handy with that sort of thing.
I even spent part of the day cleaning up the garage, and getting rid of some no longer needed items... making room for this new toy!
This is a '41 Chevy I spent 6 years doing a ground up restoration. Not exotic, but a fun car to drive....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I do like the sound of that!
As long as there is no problem driving over these, that might be the best storage solution.

The QJ is on its way. Hopefully will arrive this weekend or early next week......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts