Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going custom made shoes. Need some help in offset department. Do you gents think my initial offset numbers are about right to run these tires without rubbing? Also what is the hub bore?

Front
18x8.5
225/40r18
ET30?

Rear
18x9.5
265/35r18
ET40?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think that front will be really close. With stock offsets / wheels and a 215/40-18 front, the tire is about 3/16" from rubbing the fender liner at full lock. The stock wheel has a 33 mm offset, so going with a wider front wheel (8.5 versus 7), will push the outside of the wheel out about 18mm, and your reduced offset of 30 will pull it back about 3, so net 15 mm out. Combined with a taller sidewall of about 8 mm, this will likely have you rubbing the liner. If you pull the front wheel liner forward a bit somehow you should be okay though. Not sure about the fender clearance, but it should be the same effect as having 15 mm spacers with stock wheels which I think should clear okay.

·
Super Moderator
5,925 Posts
8“ works. Why not go with that and give yourself a little more clearance, especially on lock? This is a photo of my 7” fronts taken while cornering. Notice how close to the wheel arch and liner the tyre is with the wheel turned and the car leaning.
1.5” wider may see a problem with either inside liner or with wheel arch rubbing. Just being a devils’ advocate.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really liked the wheel so I bit the bullet. Ordered a set of custom made Forgeline cf5's in matte black.

18x8.5 et32 (crossing fingers it will clear the calipers)
18x9.5 et35

Likely going for 225/40r18 and 265/35r18 Pilot Sports

Pics in two months, lol...

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Wheel offset:

Lower offset value = wheels farther out.

30mm offset sit 10mm farther out than a 40mm offset.

For Spacers:

Adding a 10mm spacer, for example, takes the offset down, thus bumping wheels out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes, the offsets are good, but depending on how the spokes sit relative to the hub could have issues with the brakes. The stock wheels have no ‘dish’, and the front barely clear the calipers. That said, a wider wheel should allow for some variance in the spokes and still be okay. I think you won’t hit the calipers, but you will probably run the front liners slightly on full lock. Easy enough to push the liner in a little. Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
8.5" was the narrowest they offered. Would have gone 8 and 9 but working with what I have. Crossing fingers for brake clearance...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts