Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot to say, but writing isn’t my forte. So, this is the condensed version.
-Was looking around for the right deal on a Ferrari. 360 or 430 gated because I’m old school, and have been trying to save up and figure out what other cars I would have to sell.
-Coworker bought a 4C and I finally took up his offer of a ride, except he made me drive.
-I didn’t think I’d be impressed in the least……..WAY WRONG!
-Immediately fell in love with the visceral blast of unrefined quirkiness and knew my course had changed. Loved the DCT, the turbo, and everything I thought would be video game-ish.
-Surfed the web incessantly for the next 48 hours
-Determined a discount leftover ’18 with warranty and no launches was worth a few extra $$
-Got spousal approval and locked in an 11th hour deal on a car 700mi away that logistically coincided with an already planned road trip .
Just my oldest (12yo) daughter and I making our way east for my great uncle’s 95 b-day.
-Road tripped it back to Indiana with my daughter and made a memory not to be forgotten.

I’ve been reading (lurking) and learning a great deal. Greatly appreciate all of the info shared on the forum. Thank you all who have shared. I’ve already begun modding even though I told myself I would not……………again!
Chris

Here's where I am now after all of the winter projects complete. Coilovers, uni-balls, Ti lug studs, Jamie's blocks, and some a few other things in preparation for some track days.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow. Race pack and the pearl white. Not many pearl whites around and I love them since my soarer which was in the same pearl

·
Super Moderator
14,482 Posts
Congrats.

What a great story, and a fantastic memory for you and your daughter. Thanks for sharing that part!

Welcome to the owner's club. Have a blast with it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. Race pack and the pearl white. Not many pearl whites around and I love them since my soarer which was in the same pearl
I'm very happy with the color. Is your soarer the same as an Lexus sc400 here in the states?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats.

What a great story, and a fantastic memory for you and your daughter. Thanks for sharing that part!

Welcome to the owner's club. Have a blast with it!
My pleasure. Thank you for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Welcome Chris. Enjoy and have fun. The Pearl White and Red interior is the best. perfect choice

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm very happy with the color. Is your soarer the same as an Lexus sc400 here in the states?
Sure was. But of course the twin turbo 5 speed :) . I bought it in 2001 for 26k and wondered where all the RWD luxo barges went. Nothing left and the Alfa was my only choice :)

Enjoy the Alfa I just got mine for my 40th last week after lurking for 6 months !!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Congrats on your 4C cmc140.

What a great Daddy/Daughter/Italian Mistress bonding moment.

I'm glad you found your baby Ferrari and I'm sure that your family will come to love her too.

Cheers,

Alf.

·
Super Moderator
6,501 Posts
An inspiring introductory post for anyone who is still sitting on the fence, though why anyone with a full set of marbles would still be has me perplexed. She’s a gem of a car. Glad you’ve joined the club.
My only problem with your post are the empty black boxes where your photographs are posted. For me, only the one of your daughter is displaying at present.

·
Registered
473 Posts
An inspiring introductory post for anyone who is still sitting on the fence, though why anyone with a full set of marbles would still be has me perplexed. She’s a gem of a car. Glad you’ve joined the club.
My only problem with your post are the empty black boxes where your photographs are posted. For me, only the one of your daughter is displaying at present.
Also same for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for all of kind words. I linked these pics to google photos, guessing that they're not viewable via mobile or something.
Here are a few:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
You put the OZ Alleggeritas on?

I have a set of those also and keep switching from oem silver wheels to the OZs when I fancy a change.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Great Car, but i think you should think twice about your PPF o_O. Hope you enjoy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To say my 2019 was a fantastic year is an understatement. Prior to the Alfa purchase I had already made arrangement for a trip to Europe to visit a friend who located in Germany. This was a man trip so it consisted mostly of all things automotive with a loose schedule other than Goodwood which was the impetus The week before leaving I was watching F1 Belgium and they mentioned Italy was the following week. I messaged my friend to ask if he wanted to run down to Italy the day after I arrived and go to the race. He said if I got the tickets to Monza he'd get the hotel. So, during the Belgium grand prix I got tickets to Monza. on stubhub. Figured I was probably being ripped off, but what the hell! Leclerc and Ferrari were looking strong and I told my father that it'd be epic to be witness Ferrari winning Monza, but that'd be like winning the lottery. Also, had not seen Kimi in action since the F1 race left Indy.
Anyhow, long story long........that's why my other post was Cliff's Note's. Had a blast at Monza and it was truly epic when Leclerc won the race. The place went crazy, everyone was jumping the fence, I mean everyone even 80 year old men, and we walked the track to the start finish to celebrate with the uber proud and passionate Italians.. It was one of the coolest experiences of my life.
So, then after a night of drunken excess and exploration in Italy we set our sites on some automotive museums while in Italy. My favorite was the Alfa, of course. It was a brilliant presentation of automotive art and exceptionally well done. I'm thankful I had the opportunity to visit. On the way back to Germany we took the Gotthard pass, hit a few other museums including the large one in Mullhouse France, which was a spur of the moment because we were 5 miles away and it was getting late. So, another druken night of excess in France. :) Rinse repeat - It was a great trip.
(quadrifoglio justification) I knew the history of Sivocci and knew that I would also like to capture some of that deep rooted tradition of luck, as I'd be tracking my car and my wife would see to it that I'd be joining him if I were to wreck it at the track. :) So, I picked up my badges at the Alfa museum and payed tribute to the man while applying them. Later to find it's akin to fake M3 badges. Oh well, I'm going with the luck aspect. Another interesting point is that I saw this the day I returned to Germany.
Here's too many pics to distract everyone form 2020.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You put the OZ Alleggeritas on?

I have a set of those also and keep switching from oem silver wheels to the OZs when I fancy a change.
Yes Sir. I bought these form a forum member for track wheels. These precipitated all of my suspension mods.

·
Super Moderator
6,501 Posts
To say my 2019 was a fantastic year is an understatement. Prior to the Alfa purchase I had already made arrangement for a trip to Europe to visit a friend who located in Germany. This was a man trip so it consisted mostly of all things automotive with a loose schedule other than Goodwood which was the impetus The week before leaving I was watching F1 Belgium and they mentioned Italy was the following week. I messaged my friend to ask if he wanted to run down to Italy the day after I arrived and go to the race. He said if I got the tickets to Monza he'd get the hotel. So, during the Belgium grand prix I got tickets to Monza. on stubhub. Figured I was probably being ripped off, but what the hell! Leclerc and Ferrari were looking strong and I told my father that it'd be epic to be witness Ferrari winning Monza, but that'd be like winning the lottery. Also, had not seen Kimi in action since the F1 race left Indy.
Anyhow, long story long........that's why my other post was Cliff's Note's. Had a blast at Monza and it was truly epic when Leclerc won the race. The place went crazy, everyone was jumping the fence, I mean everyone even 80 year old men, and we walked the track to the start finish to celebrate with the uber proud and passionate Italians.. It was one of the coolest experiences of my life.
So, then after a night of drunken excess and exploration in Italy we set our sites on some automotive museums while in Italy. My favorite was the Alfa, of course. It was a brilliant presentation of automotive art and exceptionally well done. I'm thankful I had the opportunity to visit. On the way back to Germany we took the Gotthard pass, hit a few other museums including the large one in Mullhouse France, which was a spur of the moment because we were 5 miles away and it was getting late. So, another druken night of excess in France. :) Rinse repeat - It was a great trip.
(quadrifoglio justification) I knew the history of Sivocci and knew that I would also like to capture some of that deep rooted tradition of luck, as I'd be tracking my car and my wife would see to it that I'd be joining him if I were to wreck it at the track. :) So, I picked up my badges at the Alfa museum and payed tribute to the man while applying them. Later to find it's akin to fake M3 badges. Oh well, I'm going with the luck aspect. Another interesting point is that I saw this the day I returned to Germany.
Here's too many pics to distract everyone form 2020.
Brilliant post,cmc140. Thanks for sharing the excitement. Your 4C, beautiful too. The photos really capture the lustre of the Madreperla. (y)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Aside from the wheels, I have your twin! The red interior wasn’t my ideal choice, but love it now.

Enjoy in good health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts