Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 LE #283
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Still on the battle lines with this issue! Car goes into neutral randomly. We've all heard the story. TCM was replaced. All checks done with regard to recommended possibilities, connections/pins etc. Car has new AGM battery. 30.5 k miles but car had reported issue back in the 20's with previous owner.
One thread here had mentioned replacement of hydraulic and electronic assembly. Others, assembly beneath gear shift console. Gift certificate(s) for steak dinner sent to anyone with accurate info to help me slay this beast. I'm completely serious lol. I want to enjoy this car outside of city limits!!

·
Registered
819 Posts

Perhaps it's somehow related to the door.

·
Registered
2015 LE #283
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The TCM was replaced by the dealer or by you?
Dealership has done all work and will continue to do so beginning today. Flash update was done also. Lead Tech's next theory is the Valve Body replacement. Fault usually happens in all drive modes and typically 4th gear in both deceleration and foot on pedal.

·
Super Moderator
16,535 Posts
Is there a moisture shield over the module?

These were missing on the LE's (I think all of them) but appeared on later cars.

I know that there have been some cars with evidence of corrosion on the connector coming off the TCM.

Just another thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts