Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I met John4C and his white beauty there on May 6, and I was also there on May 20. I don't think I'll be there on June 3, because I hope to be deep into PA on a road trip with the 4C. If that changes, I'll pop by.

So far, I have yet to drive my 4C in sunny weather, and it has rained on us every time we headed out at some point.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I'm 50/50 on whether I can make it. I have two somewhat-independent teens (son drives, daughter doesn't), but if they need me that morning, I'm out. If just one is on their own, I'll take the other. They enjoy C&C.

Last time there, a 16-year-old boy, who was about a week into having a driver's license, pulled up with his three friends in a quite newish Bentley convertible. He got more looks than most exotic and rare cars. Lol.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
From Porsche Club. All brands welcome. Not a Porsche event...

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

The new North Wilmington Cars & Coffee will meet again this Sunday morning, August 6th, at 8 AM, at the corner of Silverside Rd. and Highway 202 (Concord Pike), on the parking lot that faces Silverside. The event is free and is open to anyone who has a car they want to show. Complementary coffee will be provided and food will be available for purchase. The inaugural North Wilmington Cars & Coffee was a success and we are hoping for another nice turnout. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Thanks,

Ron

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
So, for sake of clarity:

C&C West Chester continues on Saturdays.

Down the road we got a Sunday event now, too.

John and Dave: We need to take a drive, either before or after one of these C&C events. Cut and carve our way over to 841 and related roads and pit stop at "The Whip" pub for lunch, cocktail, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Hey, we can do Mexican. I'm up for someplace new (to me), such as the Mexican joint, and I've got hankering for something spicy.

Yeah yeah yeah. Sleep in... get yer beauty rest. We ride after C&C.

Now where is Moderator Extraordinaire, John4C, hiding?

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I'll be there on Sat, 5th of August.

John, good luck with the search for new wheels. When you posted in this thread, for all I knew the car had a bad shock/strut again. Busting chops is what we do in these parts when we accept someone into our social circles.

Saw later the accident/total update, saw you were okay, and honestly hope to see you back in the saddle soon.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
This car belonged to the President of the AROC and his wife, the AROC Treasurer.

They were giving out free lifetime memberships to AROC, because they have a membership goal to be recognized by FCA, who is doing a grass-roots drive to increase brand awareness, and is planning on partnering with AROC, as does Porsche with PCA. Word of mouth told them that Alfas were showing up to C&C in West Chester, so they made the effort to come out, on a day when only ONE other Alfa showed up.

Also included was instant registration in the impossible-to-be-accepted-into New Hope, PA exotics and classics club, which they are big sponsors and sit on the board, along with Dr. Simeone (of the famed Simeone Museum).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I have no clue.

While they were the local president and the treasurer for AROC, they weren't giving anything away for free. File my above post under "Busting Your Balls", for missing C&C today.

But they did mention some good rally runs and events they had (one sounded quite cool, with a BBQ in Ridley Creek State Park) and they were both interesting and eccentric... to say the least.

I have their contact info; it sounds like a good idea to join the local chapter of AROC. He did imply he could get us into the very overbooked New Hope events.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
As for the lady and gentleman at C&C pushing AROC membership, I said they were 'eccentric.' They were... unique... odd.

Last night they texted me and asked me to join them at a club in Manayunk. Who does that?! I gave them my mobile# and email address so they could send me club info -- a pretty standard exchange, and then they used it to invite me for drinks later in the same day. No red flags there!

John4C: Seriously, they were going on and on about these rally events and cook-outs they had, and they were talking up these New Hope, PA events.

Ya meet all types when you get out and about.

1 - 20 of 268 Posts