Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

521 - 540 of 583 Posts

·
Registered
gtv6 3.0, Stelvio Ti
153 Posts
I was delayed in the PPF so dropping it off April 2nd and moving on April 03 so not available. 😡

·
Registered
gtv6 3.0, Stelvio Ti
153 Posts
I picked up a set of 17/18, am gonna have them installed so I can wear out the PZ tires currently installed and give some pothole protection vs the 18/19. They will end up being my winter wheels.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Unfortunately, the odds of my car being available this weekend are approximately 750,000,000 to 1.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #527 ·
Think you will be ready the following saturday?

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
If the tool kit does not arrive by EOD tomorrow (Wed, Mar 31) I will overnight the tool kit to them from Centerline Alfa on a 75-dollar two-week rental to ensure this does not drag into April much and ensure it's done early next week.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #529 ·
Uggh.
Just bring the car over to my house. Sounds like we have the same chance of pulling this off as them, but for much less money

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #531 ·
What's the worse thing that could happen?
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Odds of car being done today are good. I don't know the odds of whether it will all be done right. Edit: So maybe Just Joe's in Chester Springs?! BE EARLY

Temps in upper 60's, cloudy this weekend. For our Canadian stalkers, @lpspeedster and @4Canada , that's 20+ degrees, or what you might call 'summer' - 😂 😂 😂

I think I'm done attention-whoring over the debate to keep the 4C. My girlfriend moved into a nice house w/garage, and I am going to invest in a warranty, some type of lift jack and refresh w/ some new tools (I gave four generations of tools to my son). Also will be an excuse to hit garage and yard sales with the truck and rebuild inventory that I don't need to be new. She is my road trip navigator and we've discussed it (getting her garage set up). I don't think she realized why I need a garage until this whole winter saw me at other's mercy, and here we are in spring waiting for Alfa dealer to wrap things up (3rd day car there).

She drives a Mini S so I can add some stuff to the garage and she can still park in there regularly. Lol.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Odds of car being done today are good. I don't know the odds of whether it will all be done right.

Temps in upper 60's, cloudy this weekend. For our Canadian stalkers, @lpspeedster and @4Canada , that's 20+ degrees, or what you might call 'summer' - 😂 😂 😂

I think I'm done attention-whoring over the debate to keep the 4C. My girlfriend moved into a nice house w/garage, and I am going to invest in a warranty, some type of lift jack and refresh w/ some new tools (I gave four generations of tools to my son). Also will be an excuse to hit garage and yard sales with the truck and rebuild inventory that I don't need to be new. She is my road trip navigator and we've discussed it (getting her garage set up). I don't think she realized why I need a garage until this whole winter saw me at other's mercy, and here we are in spring waiting for Alfa dealer to wrap things up (3rd day car there).

She drives a Mini S so I can add some stuff to the garage and she can still park in there regularly. Lol.
AMEN or AWoman or APhilster!!
fyi, part of my business is designing 'things' like subdivisions etc. When I designed my 'house' think "L" and "7" footprint, where the:
"L" = Garage
"7"= House
almost 50/50 split...and it is still to SMALL...for the Car Fix Portion! loll
God Willing, my next place will be 100% car lounge on the main floor w/ Kitchen Lounge Area and Lofts overlooking it!!
When looking for a lift jack you may consider a 4 post (if it fits?) as they don't cost substantially more and can also be used to store a vehicle :cool:
btw.....I did not hear the mention of your backyard dimensions, but I am certain it will fit my 8person tent...will see you in a couple of days!!
L

edit: AND SHE DRIVES A MINI....C'mon MANNNNN!!!!! :p

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Li'l Mini S is a hoot.

Garage height too low for a 4-post lift. You can visit, @lpspeedster , but would Canada let you back in?!
  • I've been fortunate enough to have MINIs as a daily for quite a while (S and 3 JCWs) and they are, imho, the BEST everything combo car out there today!! Albeit the last version could use a bit of a diet in weight and size lol.
  • wrt height ... I think you can get away with about 110inches if you are going to have two low vehicles (4Cx2 and/or speedster fit) and you could always just use it for one car (unlifted) and have it for your Barnyard Loft afterwards (thinking long term $ investment).
  • wrt coming back....who said I was leaving your place? Ok OK.....I will bring a proper espresso machine!! Managia! :cool:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #540 ·
Which S? The 2002-2006 Supercharged one or the 2007+ Turbo?

521 - 540 of 583 Posts