Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C (Track pack)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I got a pretty good paint chip driving through Boston a few days ago. (Yes I use my car in the winter like a madman). I was wondering if there are readily available paint sticks or if you all handle these in other ways. My car is finished in Rosso Alfa. (Edited: autocorrect changed Rosso to Rossi)
Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Orange

· Registered
2016 Madreperla Spider
89 Posts

· Premium Member
4,067 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum!

That should be able to be touched up. Rosso Alfa is good like that (single stage). I personally like the touch ups that have the brush. Gives more flexibility. The pens are somewhat restrictive. You can always use a smaller brush or a tooth pick, etc.

You’re in Boston, btw? You need to come out to a C&C or something some time. We have a good (small but growing) group of 4C owners in the area. Kudos for driving the car in winter. I don’t drive mine during winter but you can find mine parked on the streets of Boston/Cambridge most of the spring/summer/fall.

EDIT: I’ve used this site for touch up in the past and it’s been good (I’m sure they’re all pretty similar tbh)

· Registered
1,130 Posts
This is a recommended seller. Lightning quick shipping.
It has a pen and brush option in one.

· Registered
167 Posts
I bought this kit for mine (madreperla). Haven’t used it on the car yet but tested the paint on the card that comes with it and it seems to be a decent kit. Likely available for your color too.
ScratchesHappen Exact-Match Touch... Amazon.com: ScratchesHappen Exact-Match Touch Up Paint Kit Compatible with Alfa Romeo Madreperla White Tricoat (216/A/PWZ) - Bottle, Complete : Automotive
I bought same for my Rosso comp. And it did not work ! 2 small bottles ( second coat base cherry red and third coat lighter red). From what I read, it is nearly impossible to touch up tri-colore. Interested in your experiment. Please post pics. anyone had success touching up tri colors paints ? Any detailer that were successful ? Thanks

· Registered
2016 Madreperla Spider
89 Posts
I bought same for my Rosso comp. And it did not work ! 2 small bottles ( second coat base cherry red and third coat lighter red). From what I read, it is nearly impossible to touch up tri-colore. Interested in your experiment. Please post pics. anyone had success touching up tri colors paints ? Any detailer that were successful ? Thanks
Yikes! Yeah from my card sample it seems like it’s going to be tricky matching. First sample I had too much clear coat or something and it kind of yellowed a bit. Second test looked good though. I’ll def post when i get around to trying it though. Maybe a couple weeks. Anything is going to be better than how the prev owner addressed the chips. Looks like they just walked around and poked it with a can of white-out. Haha. Gonna try and fix my dash delamination this weekend. 😬 After that I’ll Bob Ross it. 😆👍🏼

· Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,947 Posts
Hey all, I got a pretty good paint chip driving through Boston a few days ago. (Yes I use my car in the winter like a madman). I was wondering if there are readily available paint sticks or if you all handle these in other ways. My car is finished in Rosso Alfa. (Edited: autocorrect changed Rosso to Rossi) View attachment 138879
View attachment 138878
there are a couple of sources of touch up paint and the clear coat for ALFA Rosso red and you can do it yourself and get a pretty good job. But if you have Rosso Competizione or the tri coat white they are a bear to do it right....nearly impossible. You may have to just do the best you can and accept the "beauty spot" or go to a GOOD pro paint shop and have them do it. Generally they have figured it out how to do it at the pro level but not easy. That being said, while my car is ALFA Rosso, my wife has a tri coat white car (non-ALFA) and my son has a tri-coat red car (also not an ALFA). They both decided i was worth it....what does dad know ;-)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum. That is the most unexpected place to get a chip unless you trapped something in the boot? Or were you reversing at high speed like in the Sweeney ?
Tbh, I have no idea how it happened. I heard what appeared to be a larger rock or a stone hit the rear when I was driving down 93 and noticed that. The bonnet is a little out of place as well. Will probably need to go to an Alfa dealer and go through insurance.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First off, welcome to the forum!

That should be able to be touched up. Rosso Alfa is good like that (single stage). I personally like the touch ups that have the brush. Gives more flexibility. The pens are somewhat restrictive. You can always use a smaller brush or a tooth pick, etc.

You’re in Boston, btw? You need to come out to a C&C or something some time. We have a good (small but growing) group of 4C owners in the area. Kudos for driving the car in winter. I don’t drive mine during winter but you can find mine parked on the streets of Boston/Cambridge most of the spring/summer/fall.

EDIT: I’ve used this site for touch up in the past and it’s been good (I’m sure they’re all pretty similar tbh)

Just bought this. I’ll update the thread with the results. Thanks for the help.

· Registered
167 Posts
Always found a rolled up piece of masking tape works better than the supplied touch up brush.
Also I used the iphone metal thingy that you use to pull the micro sd card Out….it is thick enough to hold the right amount of paint blob to fill the paint missing ……you can also use tooth pick. Needle is too thin.

· Registered
40 Posts
Well you have like 9 choices above so here’s another.
Chipex I just got it for my Alfa haven’t used it yet but I had it for my yellow viper and it matched dead on and was very easy to use for small and big touch ups.
No matter what you get the best thing you can do is get a very good small touch up brush as that will make all the difference on the look and fill.

· Premium Member
4C LE 075 Rosso Tub
442 Posts
I second Scratches Happen -- perfect match -- I buy the rattle can with clear coat + application brushes. I spray a bit into a cup, use the brush to apply coats, and repeat with the clear coat (on small chips like this). It works better than using the bottles, the rattle can paint is less dense and applies better, in my opinion.

Code: 289/A / PRW

1 - 19 of 19 Posts