Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for laughs - yesterday I found out our reverse lights are the same as those used on the Dodge Viper, what other parts do we know came off other cars? Wing mirrors of the 500?

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
Just for laughs - yesterday I found out our reverse lights are the same as those used on the Dodge Viper, what other parts do we know came off other cars? Wing mirrors of the 500?
Of course, that would be "reverse light" (singular) for our Euro friends...

(the other side is a fog light, controlled by one of the switches that is a dummy on our cars here)

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
The transmission: Dodge Dart (only on the Aero trim anymore).

The engine: Giulietta (well, redesigned and sleeved).

·
Registered
138 Posts
Emergency hatch/trunk release pull handle same in Maserati.

Reactions: 4Canada

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Transmission is also shared with the Fiat 500 L. This offered as a stick or automatic. The 'auto' is our twin clutch. They started using a true auto in the late models because it can't be treated as a true automatic.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The transmission: Dodge Dart (only on the Aero trim anymore).

The engine: Giulietta (well, redesigned and sleeved).
Transmission is from the Giulietta. It went Giulietta than dart then others like 500l... Reverse Light are from the Grande Punto (and Lancia Delta and a huge number of other fca cars like the Mito.. Which as pointed out shares the rear light too). Gearbox switches are from the abarth 500 mta, Windows switches from several other cars from fca.. Mats fixing are from the abarth 500, aircon is from fiat 600 (internals) , punto for the control. Radio is new rubbish instead :) internal air vents are from several fca models (punto, doblo'. Etc)

Inviato dal mio D5803 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Exterior door handles are used on several Ferrari models including F12 Berlinetta

I'm looking at Google images of the F12 and I'm not sure about this one. The F12 handles look to have a distinct triangle shape with a rounded end at the hinge while the 4C handle is more of an oval shape with a slash cut end. Very similar but different enough. Maybe another Ferrari model?

·
Registered
86 Posts
My car came with satin silver mirror covers - which the original person who spec'd the car paid £350 for! That is ludicrous...and I don't love them to be honest.
I would only swap them out for Carbon ones.
My understanding is that Fiat 500 covers are a direct replacement (2015 onwards only). But Fiat only made carbon 'effect' mirror covers.

I assume that the ones which are on the 4C LE (and optioned SE's) are actually carbon fibre?

Although I would like the carbon fibre covers, I am not prepared to pay the crazy prices I've seen for them.

Is there a Fiat alternative which I can use?

·
Registered
844 Posts
My car came with satin silver mirror covers - which the original person who spec'd the car paid £350 for! That is ludicrous...and I don't love them to be honest.
I would only swap them out for Carbon ones.
My understanding is that Fiat 500 covers are a direct replacement (2015 onwards only). But Fiat only made carbon 'effect' mirror covers.

I assume that the ones which are on the 4C LE (and optioned SE's) are actually carbon fibre?

Although I would like the carbon fibre covers, I am not prepared to pay the crazy prices I've seen for them.

Is there a Fiat alternative which I can use?
Yes, check the Koshi Group site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm looking at Google images of the F12 and I'm not sure about this one. The F12 handles look to have a distinct triangle shape with a rounded end at the hinge while the 4C handle is more of an oval shape with a slash cut end. Very similar but different enough. Maybe another Ferrari model?
Good point! the 458, California and F12 all have similar looking ones. Will have to try and find one for closer inspection.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts