·
Super Moderator
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
2016 Spider
111 Posts
I am 99% sure it is my old dashboard that dealership replaced, specially with missing air vents, it has a story :sleep:
The delamination started around top left corner of airbag exactly same as the pictures.

·
Super Moderator
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I am 99% sure it is my old dashboard that dealership replaced, specially with missing air vents, it has a story :sleep:
The delamination started around top left corner of airbag exactly same as the pictures.
Are you recommending one should avoid this dash?

·
Registered
2016 Spider
111 Posts
Are you recommending one should avoid this dash?
Well, there is delamination around airbag area and missing air vent tunnels, so if one can fix those and source the vent tunnels from somewhere else then it should be fine. Also it says local pickup so I guess someone would go and inspect it in person. The dealership that worked on the car proved to be sloppy and not caring so I'd inspect all the plastic fasteners, clips and etc behind that dash before buying it.
The reason for missing air vent tunnels is, once I got my car with the new dash I noticed a half inch tear on one of the vents and a scratch on my cluster LCD, they said they will take care of it. I was wondering how as the dash comes as a whole and I did not see the replacement part just for the vent tunnel, now it explains what they did, they basically pulled the vent tunnel from the old dash and installed on new, hopefully there was an easy way to do it and they did not cut and glued parts together, so far seems clean and snug. However for cluster LCD scratch they ditched at the end and said they do not take responsibility and @AlfaRomeoCares did nothing to help other than offering a free oil change in exchange of $1400 new LCD cluster + labor which I said no thanks!
The location of the part being in Los Angeles area is another indication that it is my old dash.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts