Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just noticed the PIONEER SPH-EVO62DAB enter the market with Apple CarPlay, ability to connect a reversing camera, DAB etc. In the UK, Halfords is selling it at £429, which seems a lot of kit for the price.

Pioneer details here

A problem, is that I can’t see a way of adjusting the horizontal position which may cause it to touch the switches or impede the flow of ventilation.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot about it as I’ve been focusing on my new suspension. A reversing camera popped back into my mind last night when I found the JVC 561 after web-looking for something totally unrelated. After posting about my new find here on another thread, I popped down to my local branch of Halfords to view it (not in stock despite website saying it is. Grrr,), but whilst there saw this Pioneer. It’s a cracking looking bit of kit, and a quick measurement using my calibrated 39mm thumb, I can confirm it is about 40mm higher than the Alpine std unit, the same overall width (ish), and about 15mm lower. It doesn’t get in the way of the switches, covers about 20mm of the air vents, and though it protrudes by about 50mm out from the dash it doesn’t get in the way when using the indicator stork (RHD car).

It doesn’t appear to have a camera phono input so I’ll look for the manual and let you know what I find.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks good, and better than I expected.
What aerial did you use for DAB, and have you connected a reversing camera yet? The manual states that it accepts a phono plug for the reversing camera but looking at a photo of the rear of the unit I can’t see a yellow phono socket.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That looks good, and better than I expected.
What aerial did you use for DAB, and have you connected a reversing camera yet? The manual states that it accepts a phono plug for the reversing camera but looking at a photo of the rear of the unit I can’t see a yellow phono socket.
I didn't installed the reversing camera yet but in the back on the right side, there is a socket to allow the cord for all the the video input. The cord for the external video and rear view camera it have been already included in the bundle

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Spider
82 Posts
Do you have any other pics of the install? I just found that Pioneer has a US unit that seems to be identical to this one (DMH-C2500NEX) and I like this solution better than anything else I've seen. I'm just not sure how the screen mounts to the DIN unit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for this thread
I bought and installed this device as my christmas gift

Question for Pioneer or Android Auto User:
You can play video files from a USB Stick, that works fine. But the USB Interface is used from my phone for Android Auto.
Does anybody know how you can play video files from the connected phone (directly or via Android Auto)?

(Of course only when the car stands with parking break)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
This is on offer again in the UK, £360 at Halfords. Tempted as a Christmas present to myself, how was the install? Any cable adapters required? Does it come with tools to extract the Alpine unit or do I need to order those?

·
Registered
53 Posts
...Tempted as a Christmas present to myself, how was the install? Any cable adapters required? Does it come with tools to extract the Alpine unit or do I need to order those?
Installation was quiet easy. I had the initial position with an other Radio (Kienzle/Axion MCR1031 and not with an original Alpine Radio) and already had a DAB antenna installed. The Pioneer-Box has everything but no DAB antenna. Make sure that you buy the "UNI" Version that you will get all material needed for the 1-DIN mounting.

·
Registered
2015 Spider
82 Posts
I'm trying to find the "Uni" hardware here in the US, we have the exact radio, but no one has the mounting hardware.

·
Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition #444
73 Posts
@Knievil -- ohh that looks GREAT! I've been looking to maybe swap my radio again. I removed the Parrot and swapped in a single din Bluetooth system, but have contemplated a CarPlay system. At the same time, they are all too big and I don't love how they look but this system seems perfect size. (y):cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts