Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep receiving a notification that I have reached my limit in PM messages. How long do I have to wait before I can reply to individuals waiting on pending sales?

Thank you

·
Administrator
17,948 Posts
I don’t see it in the queue for approvals, but will look again.
As a newbie, the forum restricts your ability to post or PM.

Participate a bit and that will change as I cannot override the automated spam defences.

I will see if I can find your classified ad. Probably links or photos holding that up.

Welcome1

·
Registered
2 Posts
I keep receiving a notification that I have reached my limit in PM messages. How long do I have to wait before I can reply to individuals waiting on pending sales?

Thank you
I’m having the same issue. This is silly. I just want to reply to a classified ad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,601 Posts
Is this a limit on number of PM or size of a PM document. I remember running into the limit of document size but turned out it was because of the specific area I was posting wasn't correct for the purpose and evidently it was limited in size of the posting.

is what I see for example.......if I used the "write something to ALFANUT" it was limited. I have to go higher on the page and "Start a conversation with......" not sure if I have this correct but it might explain what happens,

·
Super Moderator
10,764 Posts
Hi Savvy75, we’ve been given the advice there is no limit on PMs, you just need to first post a couple comments in the public area of the Forum before you’re able to PM. Try it and see if it works once having done that. Cheers, Alfanut.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I still don't seem to be able to PM, up to 5 comments now, would like to get in touch with a local forum member.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,601 Posts
Try clicking on the member icon and than at the top right of the page and look for Start a Conversation. If it still doesn't work we will have to do more exploration. You should be cleared by now for posting a PM....unless there is some time period that prevents posting before some arbitrary amount of time. You could also write in the regular area as a response to the member you are trying to contact and have them PM you....that might work. This is all a pain I know but this way we prevent LOTS of scammers from getting on. You would be amazed at how many of these scam posts are attempted but we catch most but some still get through. In one case a scammer got through and ripped off one of our members recently so we see this as an important part of our duties as Super Moderators.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Try clicking on the member icon and than at the top right of the page and look for Start a Conversation. If it still doesn't work we will have to do more exploration. You should be cleared by now for posting a PM....unless there is some time period that prevents posting before some arbitrary amount of time. You could also write in the regular area as a response to the member you are trying to contact and have them PM you....that might work. This is all a pain I know but this way we prevent LOTS of scammers from getting on. You would be amazed at how many of these scam posts are attempted but we catch most but some still get through. In one case a scammer got through and ripped off one of our members recently so we see this as an important part of our duties as Super Moderators.
Thank you RK, I made a few posts on the F1 thread and that got me enough posts to PM. Yes, I understand the need to monitor posts, I've been active on many forums over the years. This is a crazy world we live in. Thanks to all the moderators and the great job they do.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts