Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been pestering Powerflex to get this going for a little bit less than a year, and they have finally arrived!! Definitely an area that needed improvement. Way to much movement out of this drive-train!

The PowerFlex Lower Engine Mount Bushing Kit for the Alfa Romeo 4C fits into and fills voids in OE Bracket No. 50521924 and 50521925. This Bushing insert is an effective way of reducing engine and transmission movement, improving power delivery and sharpening gear shifting. Gains can be seen in power transfer to the road whilst reducing stress placed on the exhaust down pipe, hoses and wiring. Two mounts are available for the car, a Yellow Bushing for Street use and a Black bushing for Race use. The Yellow Bushing will have a minimal impact on NVH (Noise/Vibration/Harshness), while the Black Series Bushing places precedent on maximum performance.

FEATURES:

Reduced Drive-train Movement/Flex
Increased Drive-train Efficiency
Sharper Throttle Response
Sharper Transmission Shifts
Decreased stress on Auxiliary Engine Components
Excellent Bang for the Buck
YELLOW=STREET USE
BLACK=RACE/TRACK USE

Priced at: $28.79-$32.49

More Info: https://shopeurocompulsion.net/products/powerflex-lower-engine-mount-bushing-kit-alfa-romeo-4c

·
Registered
454 Posts
If it's possible, can you post a pic of the engine mount locations from under the car and/or from the top if visible? Also, how much work is involved to insert these?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
If it's possible, can you post a pic of the engine mount locations from under the car and/or from the top if visible? Also, how much work is involved to insert these?

I purchased both a yellow and black insert and they are on the way and in my typical way, will snap pics along the way of install in a DIY format including necessary tools and torque specs. They hopefully should be here Saturday and might try install on Sunday pending a potential roadtrip.

I am going to start off with the Yellow (street) insert first and provide my personal impressions of tangible feel including any increase in NVH. Then, I will do the same with the Black (track) insert.

My next track day isn't until mid August so I have some time to test both of these inserts on the street both casually and spirited(ly). :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
I got one of these from EC for my 500 Abarth, and it made a HUGE difference! Granted, completely different car with front engine / manual shift, but still. Same concept! Not sure about the 4C, but it was a massive PITA to install on the Fiat. Well worth it though, crisper shifts, much less engine movement. And for the money you can't go wrong!!

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Looking forward to your impressions, @Docron.

Hoping this is an easy install (though, realistically, it probably wont be) but it would be great to swap to the black one for track days and use the yellow day to day.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Looking forward to your impressions, @Docron.

Hoping this is an easy install (though, realistically, it probably wont be) but it would be great to swap to the black one for track days and use the yellow day to day.

Exactly my thinking.... :)

However, if I find the Black insert not to be much different, for simplicity sake, I will just leave that one in.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
BTW, for those interested, the section for the process of accessing the engine mount where this inset goes is in this section of the Service Manual CD

09 - Engine, 1.8L I4 16V Turbo / Engine Mounting / INSULATOR, Engine Mount, Rear / Removal and Installation

;)

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have instructions listed for the car from the factory Manual that shows the location of the mount. Its located right above the mid-pipe section of the exhaust.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Correct when I initially started pulling the mount to do our own bushings, it was not bad at all.
How long did it take you to do this install? I'd like to order the black insert for sure!

·
Super Moderator
14,482 Posts
I purchased both a yellow and black insert and they are on the way and in my typical way, will snap pics along the way of install in a DIY format including necessary tools and torque specs. They hopefully should be here Saturday and might try install on Sunday pending a potential roadtrip.

I am going to start off with the Yellow (street) insert first and provide my personal impressions of tangible feel including any increase in NVH. Then, I will do the same with the Black (track) insert.

My next track day isn't until mid August so I have some time to test both of these inserts on the street both casually and spirited(ly). :)
Just don't post the pix on Photobucket! :wink2:

Looking forward to the DIY and report.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks for the video. Frankly, the install appears to take maybe an hour at most, based on the video. Pretty straight forward and seems like a must have given the price of the new bushing.

Remember, everything was pre-loosened. So I'm sure there was a lot of cursing prior to!

·
Super Moderator
14,482 Posts
Thanks for the video. Frankly, the install appears to take maybe an hour at most, based on the video. Pretty straight forward and seems like a must have given the price of the new bushing.

Remember, everything was pre-loosened. So I'm sure there was a lot of cursing prior to!
If there's no swearing or blood, is it really auto mechanics?
:wink2:

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You also have to remove the diffusor to get in there and it can be tricky at times as the bolts have a tendency to get stuck.
I place a small dab of anti-seize on those bolts, they can be finicky at times for sure. This prevents them from being to much of a hassle removing the next time around.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts