Registered
12 Posts
I put yellow powerflex with my 280hp 4c and the difference are notable

·
Super Moderator
6,795 Posts
Now in Australia!
$62.05 shipped within the week.
Postage for such a small item is ridiculous, and then the bastards want their cut come July1. As if I haven’t given them enough tax as it is. Vent over.
Had mine fitted earlier this week with the uniballs. Only a 3km drive from shop to home but everything felt tighter for sure, even at suburban speeds. Fitting it soon?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I went with the black one, no extra NVH that I can notice, gear changes are much smoother you don't get that clunk when the whole engine/Transmission moves, looking in the rearview the engine movement is noticeably reduced.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Installed this mod two weeks ago. To be completely honest the only thing I notice is smoother shifts. Then again it’s very cheap so I’m still happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
No update on this for 2 years. A worthy mod still? I see the powerflex Australia site is out of stock. I found the below on eBay, does this have the added bolt protection ? I assume that’s what the black sleeve is

·
Registered
379 Posts
No update on this for 2 years. A worthy mod still? I see the powerflex Australia site is out of stock. I found the below on eBay, does this have the added bolt protection ? I assume that’s what the black sleeve is

I say it is definitely worthy, and the black tube is the bushing to put so the bolt does not have slop in the mount. Go for it!

·
Registered
85 Posts
[/URL]
I think powerflex has great products but in case anyone else is looking for engine mount options, GMS also has these:

And no I don’t get a commission ;) (although if you read this Rudy I’m happy to take a discount on my next purchase!)

·
Super Moderator
6,795 Posts

Even if only for peace of mind. I have the yellow bush insert.

·
Registered
290 Posts

Just posed this yesterday

·
Registered
145 Posts
We have been pestering Powerflex to get this going for a little bit less than a year, and they have finally arrived!! Definitely an area that needed improvement. Way to much movement out of this drive-train!

The PowerFlex Lower Engine Mount Bushing Kit for the Alfa Romeo 4C fits into and fills voids in OE Bracket No. 50521924 and 50521925. This Bushing insert is an effective way of reducing engine and transmission movement, improving power delivery and sharpening gear shifting. Gains can be seen in power transfer to the road whilst reducing stress placed on the exhaust down pipe, hoses and wiring. Two mounts are available for the car, a Yellow Bushing for Street use and a Black bushing for Race use. The Yellow Bushing will have a minimal impact on NVH (Noise/Vibration/Harshness), while the Black Series Bushing places precedent on maximum performance.

FEATURES:

Reduced Drive-train Movement/Flex
Increased Drive-train Efficiency
Sharper Throttle Response
Sharper Transmission Shifts
Decreased stress on Auxiliary Engine Components
Excellent Bang for the Buck
YELLOW=STREET USE
BLACK=RACE/TRACK USE

Priced at: $28.79-$32.49

More Info: POWERFLEX LOWER ENGINE MOUNT BUSHING KIT (ALFA ROMEO 4C) - EUROCOMPULSION
Is there any good reason not to go with the black (race) as opposed to the yellow (street) version? Is the NVH with the black, that much of an issue. I have another car which has solid alum engine mounts and I do not have any problem with them.

·
Registered
2016 Spider
57 Posts
Is there any good reason not to go with the black (race) as opposed to the yellow (street) version? Is the NVH with the black, that much of an issue. I have another car which has solid alum engine mounts and I do not have any problem with them.
I am no expert but from engineering standpoint hardening the engine and other mechanical components mounts could cause more wear and tear on moving parts due to more vibration and kicks, on the other hand being too soft could cause the same effect so from my understanding it is like a double edge sword and hard to find a sweet spot based on your expectation, only time and miles will show the effect in the long run. I do not have it yet and debating which one to get but leaning more toward the yellow.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
There is no difference in NVH between yellow and black. I have installed both, stuck with the black one.

Reactions: Z00L and 4Canada
81 - 97 of 97 Posts