Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Agreed. They've already visited the bottom. If you're waiting for 4C values to drop, you've missed your opportunity. Right now is probably your best opportunity to buy one.
I think there will be a slight increase in availability later this year from where it is right now. At least that is what I am hoping.

·
Super Moderator
6,491 Posts
And with the carbon panels it seems most (if not all) of the trunk space is used up--with the factory fabric "roll-up" design only about half is used up leaving some vital storage space!
I woulld have thought anyone who bought a Spider weighed up whether boot storage space is vital or not. They knew the limitations of the design and decided that storage space wasn’t vital.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I woulld have thought anyone who bought a Spider weighed up whether boot storage space is vital or not. They knew the limitations of the design and decided that storage space wasn’t vital.
I think whomever buys this car period decides that storage space isn't vital and that one will have to get creative ?....for me it had to be a Spider regardless of anything else so the top not taking up the whole trunk/boot while stored is certainly a welcome "benefit"!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great thread, and I hope everyone is right. More importantly, I hope everyone here is safe and staying safe. I respect the fact that this forum is an escape from the world, and that world is ugly right now.

I disagree with the short term values of the 4C. I mean, I cannot disagree more. Italy? The wealth is still largely in the north, where you can't leave your house. Buying a car? And a 4C at that?

Will it come back? Absolutely. Going up now? I'd stay tuned on that.

But again, I have one of these suckers, and I am much happier being wrong!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
The silver is pretty hot. Reminds of the Maratona and Spider Quad silver in the 80's.
Agreed, the silver looks great on the 4C, especially with the red seats. If I didn't go with the red/tan combo I probably would have gone with silver/red. Such a sleek look on these cars.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,970 Posts
This link below is interesting. This is the type of rationale I have when I question short term values.

Supercar Market Update – Q1 2020 - Karenable
When I saw that list of various cars and there value AND how many miles on them it proved my point. The people that tend to buy these cars do it for prestige of owning them but rarely use them as they were intended. When you see one of these cars with a couple of thousand miles on it, it tells me the owner is wasting a great opportunity to actually enjoy the car. Most of those cars also drop like a rock in depreciation and when you consider that plus the cost of maintenance, insurance, etc. these cars are bad investments. If you want to make money there are a lot of better ways to do it than buying a supercar....especially a new one. The bottom line.....if you can afford a car like these great.....but enjoy it for what it was intended.

·
Registered
186 Posts
1.) That's awesome! I didn't realize they made normal 2020 Spiders, I thought the Italia editions were the only 2020 models.
2.) They are asking quite a bit, but I'd be surprised if they are able to sell them for anywhere close to that. I hope they do obviously, it'd be good for our values I guess. I just think if they were a hard sell in good times, it may be really hard now in the current economic state.

·
Registered
47 Posts
For three years we have always had 6 4C's on the market in New Zealand. Lately there has been only 3. I think people have bought them to collect. The cars for sale are 2016 coupe 17,000 kms US$38,500, 2016 Spider 4,600 kms US$43,300 and a 2017 Spider, 3,000 kms, US$55,800. I know we are a microcosm, but NZ is used by many international companies as a market test ground, so maybe a good indicator for 4C values. I have a 2016 LE coupe with tag NZ 1 of 500. I'm sure this is unique, as no more LE's were marketed in New Zealand. My car was also the demo car for the press and has many extra's fitted. I love the car and it has given me no problems at all. I have installed the Jamie blocks and stage 1 ECU for a little extra kick.
Alfa 4C NZ1 ID tag.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,491 Posts
For three years we have always had 6 4C's on the market in New Zealand. Lately there has been only 3. I think people have bought them to collect. The cars for sale are 2016 coupe 17,000 kms US$38,500, 2016 Spider 4,600 kms US$43,300 and a 2017 Spider, 3,000 kms, US$55,800. I know we are a microcosm, but NZ is used by many international companies as a market test ground, so maybe a good indicator for 4C values. I have a 2016 LE coupe with tag NZ 1 of 500. I'm sure this is unique, as no more LE's were marketed in New Zealand. My car was also the demo car for the press and has many extra's fitted. I love the car and it has given me no problems at all. I have installed the Jamie blocks and stage 1 ECU for a little extra kick. View attachment 105873
Nice to hear from you KiwiAlfa. Your 4C is running well I hope. Where’s the Coupe that’s selling? Hope it’s not Kiwi4Cs’ (Trevs’) car in Christchurch. How is the lockdown going? Weathering it OK? Have there been any new infections recorded or is that stat on zero. If you could report it on the Coronavirus thread it be appreciated.
Edit: Aukland and Wellington so all good...
A 4C in NZ is my idea of heaven.

·
Registered
319 Posts
For three years we have always had 6 4C's on the market in New Zealand. Lately there has been only 3. I think people have bought them to collect. The cars for sale are 2016 coupe 17,000 kms US$38,500, 2016 Spider 4,600 kms US$43,300 and a 2017 Spider, 3,000 kms, US$55,800. I know we are a microcosm, but NZ is used by many international companies as a market test ground, so maybe a good indicator for 4C values. I have a 2016 LE coupe with tag NZ 1 of 500. I'm sure this is unique, as no more LE's were marketed in New Zealand. My car was also the demo car for the press and has many extra's fitted. I love the car and it has given me no problems at all. I have installed the Jamie blocks and stage 1 ECU for a little extra kick. View attachment 105873
Really interesting. I wonder what the font size does for the higher number LE cars for NZ. Looks like a great fit for #1, but I would guess the NZ 499 would make the font really small. Enjoy the drive!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice to hear from you KiwiAlfa. Your 4C is running well I hope. Where’s the Coupe that’s selling? Hope it’s not Kiwi4Cs’ (Trevs’) car in Christchurch. How is the lockdown going? Weathering it OK? Have there been any new infections recorded or is that stat on zero. If you could report it on the Coronavirus thread it be appreciated.
Edit: Aukland and Wellington so all good...
A 4C in NZ is my idea of heaven.
At the moment there is nothing on the roads - zilch! My son drove the 4C from Napier to Auckland (about 400 kms) and said it was the best drive of his life. The Coupe is in Wellington and is advertised as the cheapest 4C for sale in NZ at NZ$61,990, which is probably on a par with the Australia dollar at the moment. We hope to bring the McLaren M10A to Phillip Island next March for the big Historic race meeting there. The C19 is allowing for plenty of work on the cars! The Corvet
Corvette Napier side view.jpg
te is getting a refresh!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Really interesting. I wonder what the font size does for the higher number LE cars for NZ. Looks like a great fit for #1, but I would guess the NZ 499 would make the font really small. Enjoy the drive!
Hi B-T. My car is the only official LE 4C imported into New Zealand. Although there are other LE's here, they were all brought in privately with different tag numbers, so no worries about running out of room! The Italians obviously have a sense of humour!

·
Registered
213 Posts
At the moment there is nothing on the roads - zilch! My son drove the 4C from Napier to Auckland (about 400 kms) and said it was the best drive of his life. The Coupe is in Wellington and is advertised as the cheapest 4C for sale in NZ at NZ$61,990, which is probably on a par with the Australia dollar at the moment. We hope to bring the McLaren M10A to Phillip Island next March for the big Historic race meeting there. The C19 is allowing for plenty of work on the cars! The Corvet View attachment 105898 te is getting a refresh!
My favorite car, and I am blessed, is a C3 Corvette. While I am trying to keep the exterior stock, I cannot refrain from saying I was just about to give it a refresh, and was considering replacing the straight "under car" stainless pipes with side pipes. Thank you for helping me make the decision. Side pipes it is!!! Oh, do I love the C3 Corvettes so much. If Ferrari made a car half as pretty in the 70's, it would be a million dollar car today.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My favorite car, and I am blessed, is a C3 Corvette. While I am trying to keep the exterior stock, I cannot refrain from saying I was just about to give it a refresh, and was considering replacing the straight "under car" stainless pipes with side pipes. Thank you for helping me make the decision. Side pipes it is!!! Oh, do I love the C3 Corvettes so much. If Ferrari made a car half as pretty in the 70's, it would be a million dollar car today.
Hi Borca. Yes one of my favourite cars too! So different from the 4C! We built my Corvette up to race in a Sports and GT Series here in New Zealand in 1989, so I've owned the Corvette a long time. It runs a 460 c.i. big block and around 600 bhp. We managed to keep the M22 rock crusher gearbox alive for about 20 years, but on one memorable grid start everything hooked up so well that it blew the diff and the shock wave split the steel gusseted M22 gearbox. I have had a lot of joy with this car on the track and won a lot of races. It's like owning a wild cat that's always trying to bite you! Our regulations didn't allow much modification to the rear end and that has always been an issue. It toes in under squat, toes out under droop and changes camber constantly, but what personality!
Stay well.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Oh, do I love the C3 Corvettes so much. If Ferrari made a car half as pretty in the 70's, it would be a million dollar car today.
Agreed on the C3, such a pretty car! I'd say that the Dino's of the era were just as pretty though, and because of that they're so expensive today. Who knows, in the next decade or two it may well be a million dollar car. Also, I really like the Fiat Dino Spider. It reminds me a lot of the C3, and I think is an Italian take at designing their own Corvette. Prices on those are high, but not absurd yet.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts