Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)
What are the switches to the left of the steering wheel under the vent for?
2)
Whats the Key symbol on the switches next to AC for?
3)
How do you engage Launch control?
4)
What stops the rain and the snow coming into the engine bay through the grills
5)
Whats the (1) button for on centre console

Thanks Virulsweet (cant wait for Handbook):huh: oh and where do you think cruise control button will be ?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
1. No idea. Has "set" in the middle and up and down buttons
2. Central locking
3. No idea.
4. Forward motion and Italian know-how - read drips in when stopped ;)
5. To engage 1st gear when coming out of reverse or neural.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kaliber said:
1. No idea. Has "set" in the middle and up and down buttons
2. Central locking
3. No idea.
4. Forward motion and Italian know-how - read drips in when stopped ;)
5. To engage 1st gear when coming out of reverse or neural.
Cheers Kaliber

No 1 must be cruise control
No 4 your joking right

Virul

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
No 1. I was thinking cruise control too, but it would be slightly awkward to get to.. But it is an option and since it's not really a car for long stretches it makes sort of sense to place it there (easy to fit).

No 4. Sort of. There doesn't appear to be a water drainage channel anywhere. Since the grills slope downward and outward, AR is probably relying on surface tension to carry water off the edge of the car.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kaliber said:
No 1. I was thinking cruise control too, but it would be slightly awkward to get to.. But it is an option and since it's not really a car for long stretches it makes sort of sense to place it there (easy to fit).

No 4. Sort of. There doesn't appear to be a water drainage channel anywhere. Since the grills slope downward and outward, AR is probably relying on surface tension to carry water off the edge of the car.

gonna make my AR suitcase wet:cool:

·
Registered
642 Posts
virulsweet said:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Thanks Virulsweet (cant wait for Handbook):huh: oh and where do you think cruise control button will be ?
1. Those are used to change the settings of the onboard PC. Miles/km's, day time running lights on/off, warning buzzer for going over specific speed on/off (and at what speed it should warn you etc).

2. Thats to unlock the doors and boot

3. You keep left foot on brake, you plant your right foot on the petrol, it will hold revs around 2500rpm's.. you leave brake pedal and blast off

4. No idea (perhaps Alfa magic)

5. No idea what button you referring too..
All I see is the gearbox buttons..

Cruise control is on a seperate stalk (ala the Giulietta cruise control)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perreby said:
virulsweet said:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

1. Those are used to change the settings of the onboard PC. Miles/km's, day time running lights on/off, warning buzzer for going over specific speed on/off (and at what speed it should warn you etc).

2. Thats to unlock the doors and boot

3. You keep left foot on brake, you plant your right foot on the petrol, it will hold revs around 2500rpm's.. you leave brake pedal and blast off

4. No idea (perhaps Alfa magic)

5. No idea what button you referring too..

Cruise control is on a seperate stalk (ala the Giulietta cruise control)

Centre console A/M> R> N and the one thats says 1
V

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Auto/Manual, Reverse, Neutral and 1st Gear

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1)
can I change the DNA going along ie All Weather to Race
2)
Can I change from Auto to Manual going along
3) Will Launch control damage my engine/clutch/ tyres ect.
4)Will I need to be in Race for Launch Control

Virulsweet

·
Registered
642 Posts
virulsweet said:
1)
can I change the DNA going along ie All Weather to Race
2)
Can I change from Auto to Manual going along
3) Will Launch control damage my engine/clutch/ tyres ect.
4)Will I need to be in Race for Launch Control

Virulsweet
1. You can change from Natural to Dynamic (at speeds below 110km/h) in the Giulietta. So assume this will be the same in the 4C.. And just keep and hold in Dynamic for 5seconds and you are in Race mode.

2. Far as I understand yes.. And if its in auto and you pull the paddle it will still change gears as you want it too. In manual you the only one changing gears. The car wont change gears for you. In Race mode there is no "Auto" shifts. Then its in manual gearshifts ONLY

3.Its a duel clutch so think you should be safe in terms of clutch and engine (just use it in moderation). It will probably chow the soft Pirelli's tho.

4. Dont think so. Think LC will work even when you in Dynamic (does this currently for MiTo and Giulietta TCT's). Alfa just never told these owners they have Launch Control :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1) Say your going along merrily in 6th manually > emergency stop!!!
what will the gearbox do
2)
Say you burn out the clutch using Launch control does the warranty cover it as AR put it in in the 1st place

Virul

·
Registered
446 Posts
1- the gearbox will slowly come to the right gear. Don't worry at all about the gearbox when braking hard

2- It will NOT be covered under warranty as all manufacturers do for this sort of issue. They will / and do call it wear and tear....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Its a shame the gearchange 'paddles' are so basic - both physically as they are cheap feeling plastic buttons and from a software control perspective - ferrari doesnt have a N or 1 button as you use the paddles to select N. Looks like if you are stopped in traffic in a 4C in manual, you will need to press N to take it out of gear and then press 1 again to get into first, hopefully it will move from R into 1st gear with just one press of the button

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just checked the Launch Pack of the 4C and there it says that Launch control is ONLY enabled in RACE mode. Makes sense to me :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Prince Nero said:
Just checked the Launch Pack of the 4C and there it says that Launch control is ONLY enabled in RACE mode. Makes sense to me :)
Thanks Prince Nero

Brakes prefill (so no pumping then)

Whats Q2 ?

Cant wait to see that G meter buzzing Virulsweet
Virul

·
Registered
642 Posts
Prince, you know Alfa dude.. They say one thing do another..

If you ask me Alfa just doesn't want current TCT owners to know LC is available in Dynamic already. Noe they making it sound as if LC is just available in Race mode. I bet you a bottle of whiskey (your favored Maccallan) that it will work in D and R mode.

Virul, Q2 is the electronic diff

And prefill pushes the pad closer to the disc.. So less travel needed between pad and disc when you stamp on the brakes

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re. Venting mesh of the engine bay; New questions;

1) Plastic composite or metal
2) Ingress of rain/ snow/ dust/ insects/ cleaning car/ foreign objects etc
3) Balocco test drive shows surface tension in rain
4) Are Ar asking for trouble, underside pics of 4C are so clean are there "any" non rustproof metals in vercinity
Living in UK probably get 1 day a year if lucky

Virulsweet:-/

·
Registered
502 Posts
Perreby said:
Prince, you know Alfa dude.. They say one thing do another..

If you ask me Alfa just doesn't want current TCT owners to know LC is available in Dynamic already. Noe they making it sound as if LC is just available in Race mode. I bet you a bottle of whiskey (your favored Maccallan) that it will work in D and R mode.

Virul, Q2 is the electronic diff

And prefill pushes the pad closer to the disc.. So less travel needed between pad and disc when you stamp on the brakes
AR is AR as we all know. You could be right about LC available in D Mode but I am strictly speaking based on literature distributed by them, so take it with a pinch of salt. I'm always game for a bottle of Mccallan! :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Question;

The hole in the front grill, not for starting handle, so must be towing eye(not that you will ever use it:angel:)
How do you get to it as the bonnet is fixed and the underside pics show no access, take a wheel off????
Virul:huh:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts