Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a few different ones from André at Novitec...great quality stuff. The aluminum ones should easily fit and can heat them up and shape to make sure the surface lines up. I like the white carbon fiber ones too. Easily found on their website - great service, awaiting the suspension from them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Personally, I think the car should have come with these. I mean, is there really some 4C that's going to be so much hotter than THIS CAR someday? I think not.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Still debating to install mine or not.... ;)

Reactions: kazkioken

·
Registered
376 Posts
Personally, I think the car should have come with these. I mean, is there really some 4C that's going to be so much hotter than THIS CAR someday? I think not.
Yeah- it's up there with putting an M badge on a 330i or E63 AMG on a E320.

Maybe a chrome double-bladed wiper or turbo script from pep boys?

I have a set of S/F shields off a Maranello if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know enough about Alfa Romeo, the mark, other than the history of the good luck (came from Lotus). I guess you're saying the triangle is the performance mark of Alfa Romeo? Don't think anyone would care, I don't. Planning on doing all sorts of surgery on the car anyways over time it probably won't even have the same engine in mine...

Yeah- it's up there with putting an M badge on a 330i or E63 AMG on a E320.

Maybe a chrome double-bladed wiper or turbo script from pep boys?

I have a set of S/F shields off a Maranello if anyone is interested.

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
The four leaf clover (quadrifoglio) emblem has been used as a good luck symbol on racing Alfas since 1923. The emblem's meaning has morphed into being the symbol of the high-end production and performance Alfas in more recent times. But essentially it's just for good luck. It must work. I've had one on my Sud for for over 40 years and it still lives, touch wood, and on my 147 too. It doesn't hurt to be even a little knowledgeable of the symbols and the history of the car you drive. It actually makes it even more special, no?
PS. Didn't realise Colin Chapman built his first cars pre '23 and then put on the four leaf clover for Alfa to copy.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alfanut - yes! I am excited to watch vintage race stuff if I can find it (and who doesn't like having good luck on your side?)

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
AR should have put it on before leaving the Maserati plant.

ATM, I don't expect there to be any more 4C other than what we already know about. LE, SE, Spider. Bang, it's done.

If you really want the mystical 4C QV, you'll have to build it yourself. Pogea Racing can sell you everything you need.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Guys, the longtime Alfa parts suppliers in U.S. sell both magnetic and vinyl quadrifoglio emblems.

Can be applied and removed with no problem. Some are better looking than others.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
No, you can't add it afterwards or it will look lame IMO. If it came with it stock that would be good. Adding it later is like putting spinning rims or some such, but I'm really, really old school that way. Maybe before they had school some might say given the cosmetic mods I've heard of here. :surprise:

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
I think they are a glaring omission on the 4C. There is no equivalence with putting M badges on a lesser BMW because the 4C is not a lesser model to any superior, better performing model that it would be pretending to be.

If the symbol denotes performance and racing heritage, the 4C is the ONLY modern Alfa Romeo that should be given them. I'm getting a set.

Edit
I just went on an official AR dealers site and they are listed as a accessory for all Alfas.
When I selected 4C accessories, up they came.
BMW dealers don't offer M3 badges as an accessory for other models afaik.

That aside, the justification for us putting them on is that in the first place, it wasn't Alfa Romeo who put them on, it was a driver of an Alfa Romeo. We would only be doing the same. Nothing could be more fitting.

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
That aside, the justification for us putting them on is that in the first place, it wasn't Alfa Romeo who put them on, it was a driver of an Alfa Romeo. We would only be doing the same. Nothing could be more fitting.
Ugo Sivocci is the man you’re thinking of. He was having a poor run of luck then won his first race after putting the quadrifoglio on. There wasn’t time to put it on a new car he was testing at Monza and was killed while testing it. So started the tradition.
Below is a car (1923 RL Targa Florio) with the pre-accident quadrifoglio and the second, a 1925 P2. The white quadrilateral (the four sides representing the four drivers in the GP team) was reduced to a triangle to honour the memory of Ugo. Edit: Like the missing man formation airforce tradition when honouring a fallen aviator.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Can you put them onto PPF?
Better had because theres no way im removing my PPF to fit them. I ordered the cheap silver triangle ones by mistake but ive got the genuine Alfa accessories ones with white triangle and carbon look. Can't help also noticing Four leaf Clover is almost encoded in "4C" ;)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Better had because theres no way im removing my PPF to fit them. I ordered the cheap silver triangle ones by mistake but ive got the genuine Alfa accessories ones with white triangle and carbon look. Can't help also noticing Four leaf Clover is almost encoded in "4C" ;)
I bought the white ones ages ago for my Giulietta QV but never put them on, I traded that for my 4C and kept the badges, I think the slight curve of the badge will fit the 4C curve, hopefully

1 - 20 of 53 Posts