Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Remember the stem points to the rear of the car if you’re sticking them on the sides.
I was just wondering about that because I'm never sure if left/Sinistra is UK nearside or offside! As you sit in the car or stand in front looking at it! You explained it a way even a monkey could get right. legend :) Cheers Alfanut.

Oh.. I'm thinking do it plumb/in line with the side repeater, an inch above maybe?

That puts it at the height of the door handle which seems to be the case on factory installed emblems on QVs. Or should it be at that height but a bit further forward than the repeater?

Just seen this official 4C helmet. I notice Alfa saw fit to put the Quadrifoglio on it... ;)

·
Administrator
16,974 Posts
I was just wondering about that because I'm never sure if left/Sinistra is UK nearside or offside! As you sit in the car or stand in front looking at it! You explained it a way even a monkey could get right. legend :) Cheers Alfanut.

Oh.. I'm thinking do it plumb/in line with the side repeater, an inch above maybe?

That puts it at the height of the door handle which seems to be the case on factory installed emblems on QVs. Or should it be at that height but a bit further forward than the repeater?

Just seen this official 4C helmet. I notice Alfa saw fit to put the Quadrifoglio on it... ;)
View attachment 105095
Love the helmet and would buy that in a heartbeat!

"Near side" is left, "Off" is right. Those are old equestrian terms.
;)

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
The helmet is still available at Alfa Romeos accessories site. It’s about £400 iirc.
They still have most of the expensive oddities like 4C bicycles, 4C sleds, skate boards and the like but none of the things that were popular.
It’s become an obsession in itself!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I bought a pair of OEM Stelvio Quad badges, they are contoured, but my test fit seems to indicate they will fit nicely. Im looking for good side pics of the prototypes at the Heritage museum as I would like to replicate their positions, I'm close, but still iffy.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I bought a pair of OEM Stelvio Quad badges, they are contoured, but my test fit seems to indicate they will fit nicely. Im looking for good side pics of the prototypes at the Heritage museum as I would like to replicate their positions, I'm close, but still iffy.
I bought the Stelvio ones as well. The contour fits perfectly on the 4C fender

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Those Stelvio ones don’t have the carbon look clover, something I found fitting about mine on the 4C.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Those Stelvio ones don’t have the carbon look clover, something I found fitting about mine on the 4C.
I bought those initially. Although the green “carbon fibre” looked a bit “plasticy” in my opinion.
I still have a set. I think they are from a smaller AR car in Europe.
if anyone wants a set Of those I still have mine.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
They look good!

Not put mine on yet, to be honest the PPF is putting me off, once the badge is on there is no way to take it off again without damaging the PPF maybe? I always like to do something knowing I can undo it, I hate one way streets.
They come off without any damage to the PPF, if you know how.
You pour plenty of water over it. The water has to about as hot as you could bare to dip your hand in for a few seconds. If I can’t stand it on my hand for 5 seconds, it’s too hot.
Then you lift it with a rubber squeegee or drying blade. It comes in its own time, slowly or you bend it and risk separating the sticky bit from the badge.
I have removed lots of decals and stickers from cars with hot, not boiling, water.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts