Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Rosso Competizione 4C Spider, 2019 Rosso Competizione Giulia Quadrifoglio
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on CNC cutting some carbon fiber snakes (Biscone) to possibly place on the front fenders (where others have places other stickers, like the Scuderia Ferrarri and Scuderia Biscone badges).

My question is about the orientation of the man-eating snake...

On the Quadrifoglio, the stem of the clover points to the back of the car, on both sides. This means that the right and left emblems are actually different (mirror images of each other).

I noticed on the SB badges that this was not done, but I am wondering if the snake should always be pointed to the front, or the back, or the left.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was my first inclination as well, because it comes from the tradtional/family crest

Thanks for the quick responses!

·
Registered
36 Posts
it's biscione. biscone is a cake :LOL:
as Schuey said it's always looking to the left

Product Font Flag of the united states Poster Circle

clover with it's stem is also interesting debate. for example on 145 QV clover badge is placed on side skirts and stem is looking into opposite directions because badge is the same.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are some pictures of the CNC-cut emblems, in case anyone is curious. I had to tweak the design a bit to ensure that these would be a single piece. Because they are only .5mm thick, they are slightly flexible, so they should conform/mold to the car. I'm considering putting some soft epoxy resin on them to given them a bit more dimension...
Font Material property Art Handwriting Tints and shades

Handwriting Font Material property Art Reptile

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like those. They partly inspired me. For a Rosso Alfo (which @Knievil and I both have), the black biscione looks nice.
But I thought I would try making them out of CF to tied in the rest of the CF on the car.

Also, per my prior post, I placed them on my car and decided they do need some more "dimension." So I will be covering them with a ayer of epoxy resin to have a more raised appearance.

I'll post pictures when I am done.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think Snakey looks better facing foward in the direction of travel. Just my opinion others may differ
The Ferrari stallion always faces left, but each to their own.. I like the carbon idea. Good work.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think Snakey looks better facing foward in the direction of travel. Just my opinion others may differ
The Ferrari stallion always faces left, but each to their own.. I like the carbon idea. Good work.

View attachment 123119
Daaammmn, that black top looks great on the red coupe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts