Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone show me pics of how these work on aussie models ( without the 4 Jack point marks mine doesn’t have these marks on the tub)

Interested in buying one but wanna see how they work if anyone has video of it setting up on there 4c and operating please :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
Can anyone show me pics of how these work on aussie models ( without the 4 Jack point marks mine doesn’t have these marks on the tub)

Interested in buying one but wanna see how they work if anyone has video of it setting up on there 4c and operating please :)

Cas, they work fine…If I can use one anyone can. How is it that you don’t have the Jack points? I thought only some of the early LEs had that issue?As for the Jack points the rear ones are the metal subframe whereas the fronts are just little raised squares on the tub in from the triangle arrow heads marked/indented on the side sill. Easy to see. I use ice hockey pucks bought from where/when we used to have a local ice rink over at Norwest. They are much easier to manoeuvre into position than the rubber blocks that come with the Jack. I’m getting my silver wheels painted next week so the week after I might put them on my car so can do a bit of a video then….though I’m sure someone has already done one with their 4C and a Quickjack. Are you sure none of the reinforced lift points are on the tub? They can be hard to see under the car without a lamp.
Car Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting ! Yeh I think it will be easy enough I’m just weary of where to line it upto as I believe under my car is fully flat no marks anywhere I’ll check again tonight but I’m sure last time I checked this issue I was very lost

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
Interesting ! Yeh I think it will be easy enough I’m just weary of where to line it upto as I believe under my car is fully flat no marks anywhere I’ll check again tonight but I’m sure last time I checked this issue I was very lost

How’d you go looking under the car for those jacking points on the tub?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Totally forgot haha will do it this afternoon I’m sure I posted on here once photos of under my car in a previous jacking post, but it’s so hard to find all posts by me, atleast on the app it is anyway
Costco seems to be the best price I can find but
A) not a member
B) no stock

Reactions: Alfanut

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
Totally forgot haha will do it this afternoon I’m sure I posted on here once photos of under my car in a previous jacking post, but it’s so hard to find all posts by me, atleast on the app it is anyway
Costco seems to be the best price I can find but
A) not a member
B) no stock

I wasn’t a member either. I used m brother-in-law. I’d been waiting for an age for the Quickjack to appear in stock t Costco…When they did I jumped in quick. At about a $Grand cheaper than the local distributor they were too good to miss. You do have to wire on a power plug but that’s no big deal, just a slight inconvenience. Just keep an eye out on their website. They might appear again a month or so before Christmas.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasn’t a member either. I used m brother-in-law. I’d been waiting for an age for the Quickjack to appear in stock t Costco…When they did I jumped in quick. At about a $Grand cheaper than the local distributor they were too good to miss. You do have to wire on a power plug but that’s no big deal, just a slight inconvenience. Just keep an eye out on their website. They might appear again a month or so before Christmas.
ah do they come with an american plug? haha

Reactions: smc4C

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
ah do they come with an american plug? haha
No. No plug at all. And they quote the incorrect Allen key size for the bleed screw....So you think you’re all set then it’s back down to the hardware store.🙄 (Odd half-size Allen key so had to buy a new set with half-sizes.) I’m sure it’s done on purpose just to test me. I did meet the manager of the local Total Tools store who is/was a 4C owner so maybe it was all preordained?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No. No plug at all. And they quote the incorrect Allen key size for the bleed screw....So you think you’re all set then it’s back down to the hardware store.🙄 (Odd half-size Allen key so had to buy a new set with half-sizes.) I’m sure it’s done on purpose just to test me. I did meet the manager of the local Total Tools store who is/was a 4C owner so maybe it was all preordained?
ahah really thats odd. what do they expect you to use to power the thing :D

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It saves them money at factory I suppose. No complaints if was significantly cheaper, which it was. It was just mildly inconvenient.
whats the connection look like / what will i need?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
i do have a spare one of these at work...
curious would definetly work for just enough time for me to change the rubbers on the tyres and come back home :S
Um, no.

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
whats the connection look like / what will i need?
Just an ordinary electric replacement plug you can get at Bunnings. I bought a transparent plastic one. A litre (might be a little more) of hydraulic fluid (Automatic trans fluid) , a socket set to assemble it, a 5.5mm Allen key to loosen and tighten the bleed screws and a screwdriver to help with the wiring up of the plug. Easy.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

@Cass155 the marks are not where you would normally expect to find them on a conventional car. They are much further inboard on the carbon tub, which is why you need a low profile long reach car jack if you only want to lift one wheel.
The manual for the car shows you where to look on the side of the vehicle and then you need to reach in a long way to find the raised areas on the tub.
Some guys put their car up on a normal car hoist first, then spray paint them with hi visibility paint to make them easier to find when you are on the floor shining your torch under the car.
Cheers,
Alf.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just an ordinary electric replacement plug you can get at Bunnings. I bought a transparent plastic one. A litre (might be a little more) of hydraulic fluid (Automatic trans fluid) , a socket set to assemble it, a 5.5mm Allen key to loosen and tighten the bleed screws and a screwdriver to help with the wiring up of the plug. Easy.
ive set costco reminder on my friends account.. hopefully i get lucky and someone sells a used one somewhere haha

Reactions: Alfanut

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@Cass155 the marks are not where you would normally expect to find them on a conventional car. They are much further inboard on the carbon tub, which is why you need a low profile long reach car jack if you only want to lift one wheel.
The manual for the car shows you where to look on the side of the vehicle and then you need to reach in a long way to find the raised areas on the tub.
Some guys put their car up on a normal car hoist first, then spray paint them with hi visibility paint to make them easier to find when you are on the floor shining your torch under the car.
Cheers,
Alf.
yeh this was my plan last time but im sure i couldnt find them, let me double check after work tonight

Reactions: Alf Alpha
1 - 20 of 38 Posts