Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,708 Posts
They make two versions....one for AC power and one for connection to a 12 volt battery. The AC version does move quicker but that is minimal difference. I have the AC version (I live in US). Works great. Warning about those triangle marks on the lower body.....some have figured that is where the actual ift points are....and as a result cracked the panels there. The actual lifting points are farther in....one is the latice like suspension piece closer to the rear axles...the other is a rectangular metal plate towards the mid/front of the car. As someone mentioned above....a nice trick is to paint the pads with a contrasting color to find it faster. The North Ameriican versions have another metal plate between the rear and front normal points. Those points allow you to use a very low/long reach hydrualic jack to use that middle position to raise both front and rear tires on one side off the ground at the same time.
The Quick Jacks have a strut that folds down and locks the lift so it can't drop,,.,..good safety measure as it take the place of jack stands. NEVER get under a car without either jack stands or some sort of a safety interlock. The NA middle lift points allow the use of short jack sands at the normal rear and front lift points for safety.
Another tip....make sure you unlock your car before lifting it. On the cars that have the factory theft alarm system installed, if you don't unlock it the alarm will see the motion and rocking of the car and set off the alarm.

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
They make two versions....one for AC power and one for connection to a 12 volt battery. The AC version does move quicker but that is minimal difference. I have the AC version (I live in US). Works great. Warning about those triangle marks on the lower body.....some have figured that is where the actual ift points are....and as a result cracked the panels there. The actual lifting points are farther in....one is the latice like suspension piece closer to the rear axles...the other is a rectangular metal plate towards the mid/front of the car. As someone mentioned above....a nice trick is to paint the pads with a contrasting color to find it faster. The North Ameriican versions have another metal plate between the rear and front normal points. Those points allow you to use a very low/long reach hydrualic jack to use that middle position to raise both front and rear tires on one side off the ground at the same time.
The Quick Jacks have a strut that folds down and locks the lift so it can't drop,,.,..good safety measure as it take the place of jack stands. NEVER get under a car without either jack stands or some sort of a safety interlock. The NA middle lift points allow the use of short jack sands at the normal rear and front lift points for safety.
Another tip....make sure you unlock your car before lifting it. On the cars that have the factory theft alarm system installed, if you don't unlock it the alarm will see the motion and rocking of the car and set off the alarm.
Our cars have a different subframe so there’s nowhere to lift just from the rear using the jacking pad Shinoo used to (might still) sell.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Our cars have a different subframe so there’s nowhere to lift just from the rear using the jacking pad Shinoo used to (might still) sell.
i bought this and they never mentioned it didnt work on the aus cars, so when i got it i threw it out haha

• Haha
Reactions: Alfanut

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
As seen! No marks at all under my car

The arrow is in between those two screws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Nope nothing at all see more pics , going in from the arrow to the middle and also one facing down from front wheel

• Wow

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
I’d contact Alfa Romeo in Melbourne for an explanation of how to lift your 4C without those lift points. How ridiculous is that? Or failing that contact Alfa in Italy. I’m sure there’s official technical expertise you can source. Maybe someone on the Forum has experience with this. Any suggestions out there?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I’d contact Alfa Romeo in Melbourne for an explanation of how to lift your 4C without those lift points. How ridiculous is that? Or failing that contact Alfa in Italy. I’m sure there’s official technical expertise you can source. Maybe someone on the Forum has experience with this. Any suggestions out there?
I’ll have to look up Alfa Melbourne I think I spoke to them once

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Or it’s last service or when it was tuned or the roof painted.

Each time I always gave them the recommended lifting point graph but still

Reactions: RKBerta and Alfanut

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,708 Posts
Really puzzling.,,,the NA lift rectangles are very obvious. I would love to find out where they are on your car or how you know where to lift at! Also I didn't know the Australian cars didn't have the cross beam that allows use of the "Lift Kit". I do have one of the lift kits but thus far haven't installed it as generally I want the car completely off the floor so use my Quick Jack.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Really puzzling.,,,the NA lift rectangles are very obvious. I would love to find out where they are on your car or how you know where to lift at! Also I didn't know the Australian cars didn't have the cross beam that allows use of the "Lift Kit". I do have one of the lift kits but thus far haven't installed it as generally I want the car completely off the floor so use my Quick Jack.
I’ve emailed Alfa Melbourne so will see what they have to say haha

·
Registered
446 Posts
My 4C has six lift points, three on each side. Because the car is so low it is sometimes hard to see them, but with the locator arrows on the sides, and after doing it a few times it is not much of a problem.
Also installed the rear central lift kit pad from InoKinetic. Seems odd that the Aussie cars do not have a cross beam on the rear subframe. As it looks to be one of the main structural pieces of the subframe.

·
Administrator
18,504 Posts
My 4C has six lift points, three on each side. Because the car is so low it is sometimes hard to see them, but with the locator arrows on the sides, and after doing it a few times it is not much of a problem.
Also installed the rear central lift kit pad from InoKinetic. Seems odd that the Aussie cars do not have a cross beam on the rear subframe. As it looks to be one of the main structural pieces of the subframe.
I’m wondering about the cross members on Euro cars.
I thought that some European members had the lift kit, but perhaps I am remembering wrong.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts