Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 4c and Stelvio
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference between standard and race suspension on ride height? Thanks everyone

·
Registered
2018 4c and Stelvio
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. I ha e about 2 finger gap, and I'd like to go lower without shelling out money on coilovers. I was hoping eibach springs would do the trick

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Interesting. I ha e about 2 finger gap, and I'd like to go lower without shelling out money on coilovers. I was hoping eibach springs would do the trick
This is what Squadra says about Eibachs and they sell ‘em. Unless you have put on larger tyres with higher sidewalls, dropping the ride height by 20mm with those springs gives you perilously little clearance for road irregularities.

Having posted that, I’ve driven alfa1105s car with the lowering springs and wider, taller tyres and it feels really tight. Nicely tied down. My 4C with standard suspension and tyres is much looser in feel by comparison.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,318 Posts
I noted on the spec sheet above that they are NOT recommended for a spider but OK on the coupe. Wonder why....I thought the suspensions were the same on both cars other than race vs. sport? I haven't heard good reviews of the Eibach springs as far as reliability on our cars and other brands. That being said I do have Eibach springs on a highly modified full suspension race mountain bike and they have been OK.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I noted on the spec sheet above that they are NOT recommended for a spider but OK on the coupe. Wonder why....I thought the suspensions were the same on both cars other than race vs. sport? I haven't heard good reviews of the Eibach springs as far as reliability on our cars and other brands. That being said I do have Eibach springs on a highly modified full suspension race mountain bike and they have been OK.
Being a spider owner i looked into this with the same question. From what I have read and called about the slight extra weight of the spider seems to drop the car even a hair bit more. I struggle with that conclusion? However I heard that a couple times....

I'm making a post about this today

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,318 Posts
Being a spider owner i looked into this with the same question. From what I have read and called about the slight extra weight of the spider seems to drop the car even a hair bit more. I struggle with that conclusion? However I heard that a couple times....

I'm making a post about this today
As I recall the spider weighs no more than 25# more than the coupe so I doubt if that weight would compress the springs in any significant amount. I suppose one could measure fender distance to ground and than put a 25# weight in the car and measure again to see if any difference....I doubt it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Could it be the suspension was tuned for euro spec coupe ? Where US coupe and spider is the extra weight and neither would be suitable for the suspension

1 - 10 of 10 Posts