Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only urgent improvement that I would like to make to my 4c LE is that I would like to stay in place when using the full capabilities of the car.
My Lotus Exige came with a harness bar and got a kit to install 4 point although I prefer 5 or 6 point.
Any experience on this issue?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
No harness bars that I know of yet. They'll be a tight fit for guys tall enough to need to keep the seat all the way back.

If it's for street use, have you considered a CG Lock? http://www.cg-lock.com. They work great and are easier to deal with than a full set of harnesses. You can still lean forward when stopped, etc. They're safer too, unless you use a Schroth 4-point with ASM.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No harness bars that I know of yet.
If it's for street use, have you considered a CG Lock? http://www.cg-lock.com. They work great and are easier to deal with than a full set of harnesses. You can still lean forward when stopped, etc. They're safer too, unless you use a Schroth 4-point with ASM.

JWA, I am thinking more along the lines of track. In the Lotus I had the Schroth and liked it. My preference would be 5 or 6 point but need to modify or change the seats. The Schroth 4-point is not acceptable to the Porsche Club and other organizations (even ASM) , they consider the OEM safer-go figure

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'm pretty much in the same wishlist.. and no, i havn't found a solution yet... the only oone i've found is a swiss company that has a 4 point harness offer, but i have to check with them... i do not speak or undertstand german, an i would like some details on how the job is done.. i've heard people saying "no problem, just drill a couple of additional holes and put the plates to fix the new harness points" this thing work pretty fine on a metal chassing, drilling a carbon fiber monocoque once is cooked is a no-no IMHO...
BTW the company i've found with the 4 point harness offer is:
http://www.straeulimotorsport.ch/

Please note that most probably in several countries such installation would not be road legal, as the original 3 points harnesses cannot be kept and used...

5 and 6 point.. seats are an not an issue, you do have to change the original ones anyway, they cannot fit even a 4 point harness as they do not have the proper holes... i'm more worried about the additional installation points needed to fix the additional strap..

For non-professional use, but just to be tightened more to the seat the suggested cg-lock lock is a good choice (and much safer than a non properly done 4/5/6 harnesses installation..)

Sitz-& Gurtumbau Alfa 4C

Die saubere Lösung für Strasse &
Track.

Ab sofort können wir Ihnen einen
kompletten Umbau anbieten

für den Alfa 4C. Alles inklusive
Strassenzulassung!

Beim Umbau werden hochwertige Recaro
Sitze verbaut.

Das Probesitzen der jeweiligen Schale
ist bei uns im Hause

möglich. Die Fahrerseite ist in
Höhe/Neigung und Länge

verstellbar. Beifahrerseite ist in
Länge fix montiert und Höhe

und Neigung können ebenfalls verstellt
werden.

Die originalen Gurte werden entfernt
und durch H-Gurte ersetzt,

welche sehr einfach zu bedienen sind.
Der Beckengurt

ist ein 50mm resp. die Schultergurte
75mm Band.

Airbag- und Gurtstraffer-System bleibt
weiterhin in Betrieb.

Im Motorraum wird eine
Schultergurtstrebe montiert, an

welcher die Schultergurte umschlauft
werden. Dazu wird

die Trennwand mit vier minimalen
Öffnungen versehen.

Ansonsten kann der Umbau jederzeit
zurück auf originalen

Stand gebaut werden.
SRT Umbau beinhaltet:
-Zwei Recaro
Sitzschalen mit nötigem Sitzunterbau

-Zwei Schroth H-Gurte (4-Punkt mit
ECE- & FIAZulassung)

-Eine SRT Gurthaltestrebe im Motorraum
-Airbag- &
Gurtstraffer-Widerstand-Kits zum Überbrücken

des Systems
-Arbeit für den ganzen
Umbau

-DTC Abnahme mit Gutachten
für Mutation bei MFK

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ricky1750, I do not want to offend anybody with my references to my now gone Lotus Exige but that is what the 4c replaced.
For the Exige, I had 4-point harnesses installed but left the OEMs in place. Occasionally, I would run the Lotus with the Porsche Club and that is how I learned that they consider the OEM safer than the Schroth 4-Point ASM

·
Registered
863 Posts
Ricky1750, I do not want to offend anybody with my references to my now gone Lotus Exige but that is what the 4c replaced.
For the Exige, I had 4-point harnesses installed but left the OEMs in place. Occasionally, I would run the Lotus with the Porsche Club and that is how I learned that they consider the OEM safer than the Schroth 4-Point ASM
You're not offending anyone.. i'm perfectly aware that the OEM 3 point are safer than 4 points unless the 4 points are propery installed... the cg-lock blocks the oem so that you have most of the "fix" the 4 points harness give and all the safe of an oem... the 5/6 point would be ideal for avoiding submarining, but i do not see how it would be easily possible on the 4C :frown2:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roll bar another avenue

I have only had the 4c for less than a month. Have not seen any roll bars for this Alfa. But even at that, the hole through the seat for the 5/6-point harness remains an issue. I actually like the seats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts