Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So gentlemen did a search for a few hours didn't seem to find anything. But anyway have a wierd Creek coming from the rear window in the cabin. Seems to be coming from the passenger side. It comes at odd times but definitely when the road isn't smooth. Does not come when I hit every bump but definitely on some. Has anyone ever experienced this and if so what was your fix. Thanks again for all the help in advance

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coupe

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Not here.

Unfortunately rattles, especially on hand-built cars, are often unique to each individual car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
If it is chilly or cold, I get the same sound, and I would swear it is the seat or related hardware.

If it below 10C / 50F, I sort of expect it.

·
Super Moderator
14,078 Posts
It's so freaking hard to find the exact location/source of noises in this car.
I've had a few, and each has been so very hard to track down.
In the end, none of them were problems with the car.

I would doubt that the source actually has anything to do with the window.
Try pushing down to move the suspension on the passenger side rear and see if you can replicate the sound.
Is the passenger seat tilted back and touching the back window / firewall? I've had a groan/squeak from that before.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a rattle noise coming from my 15' Spider's rear window between 1500-2700 rpms.
I live in LA and the weather is always over 70 here. So the car's never seen below 50.
I don't think mine is because of the weather, but it sometimes doesn't make any noise for an hour of driving.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine (Spider, right-hand) has an occasional click sound. My guess is it's from behind the right side of the driver seat, most likely from the seat belt bracket, resembling the sound when the seat belt is pulled and locked. Usually this kind of speculation is wrong, though. Could be from the window as others say.
This happens at cruising speed when there is a vertical shock from below.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's about exactly what mine does. Seems to come whenever there is some flex in the car.
Mine (Spider, right-hand) has an occasional click sound. My guess is it's from behind the right side of the driver seat, most likely from the seat belt bracket, resembling the sound when the seat belt is pulled and locked. Usually this kind of speculation is wrong, though. Could be from the window as others say.
This happens at cruising speed when there is a vertical shock from below.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had to remove my little storage box and add some additional foam tape on the back of the surround/bezel to stop a squeak. Found it by pushing on things until it stopped.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Try bringing a passenger with you on a drive and see if they can hear the sound to better help pinpoint it while you concentrate on the driving.

With the top off on my Spider, the seatbelt sometimes flaps in the wind. With the top on, I don’t have any weird noises, just awesome ones of the 4C.

·
Registered
800 Posts
If it had been a Spider then I might have suggested the roof, mine had a creak not long after I bought the car, it was eventually found to be the roof fitting.

AlfaArnold
Just elaborating on this. My Spider had a really annoying creak which was so difficult to pinpoint because of the general structure of the car. If anyone with a Spider has any strange noises then it's best to eliminate a roof problem by taking the roof off. If the sound goes, then it's the roof and problem solved,:smile2: if it remains you're going to have to search elsewhere.:frown2:

AlfaArnold

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Check the bolt that holds the 'cooling tube' for the exhaust manifold. It threads into an insert in the carbon fiber tub 'shelf area' under the rear window.
Thanks I'll def check that out I really hope that solves the issues
I had to remove my little storage box and add some additional foam tape on the back of the surround/bezel to stop a squeak. Found it by pushing on things until it stopped.
That's what I was thinking actually. That was what I was going to do today and see if that stops anything
Try bringing a passenger with you on a drive and see if they can hear the sound to better help pinpoint it while you concentrate on the driving.

With the top off on my Spider, the seatbelt sometimes flaps in the wind. With the top on, I don’t have any weird noises, just awesome ones of the 4C.
Yeah my wife and I drove the car yesterday and she said it seems to be coming from and I quote seatbelt window or maybe the suspension lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
Just elaborating on this. My Spider had a really annoying creak which was so difficult to pinpoint because of the general structure of the car. If anyone with a Spider has any strange noises then it's best to eliminate a roof problem by taking the roof off. If the sound goes, then it's the roof and problem solved,:smile2: if it remains you're going to have to search elsewhere.:frown2:

AlfaArnold

I had the same thing. Hard to pin point with all the sounds reverberating in the tub. But for me it was something stupid ...... it was how I was bracing my left foot on that dead pedal. It would squeak when my foot pressure increased and decreased ... depending if I was turning, ect ....

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmmmm I'll remove my foot completely and see. The dealership said that they would help but would basically rip apart the car to find the source. Idk if I want that done not saying I don't trust them I just don't trust anyone lol

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I've tried everything cant figure it out. So time for advice I have an appointment with the dealership on Monday and they said they would take apart the car to find and fix the issue. Would you trust them to do it and put the car back properly?

·
Super Moderator
14,078 Posts
So I've tried everything cant figure it out. So time for advice I have an appointment with the dealership on Monday and they said they would take apart the car to find and fix the issue. Would you trust them to do it and put the car back properly?
I’d have qualms about the dis/re-assembly, but it depends on the dealer and individual mechanic.

Hopefully they can leverage their knowledge about how the car is put together and isolate the location/cause before they have too much taken apart.

Good luck with it!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts