Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a rear camera that can be put into the 4C? If so what is recommended? If i had one gripe it would be that the car has no backup camera. Not a big deal but it would be nice. If so did you diy it or have it installed? Who did it?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I have a full time dvr review mirror records front and back amazing clarity and it comes with a back up camera obviously, its the solution to everything. Its audio vox .....one of the best mods ever ....new cars are also converting to this technology

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a full time dvr review mirror records front and back amazing clarity and it comes with a back up camera obviously, its the solution to everything. Its audio vox .....one of the best mods ever ....new cars are also converting to this technology

I'm digging that setup. Found this one.

Right now I have a generic front facing dash cam, how hard was it to wire the reverse camera @lars?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
AUTO-VOX X1 Pro

This is what I use. Think a few guys here have them. Love that it is a front and rear DVR (I used some of the footage from it in my last video). The rear camera is a bit of a pain to install (you need to remove the boot/trunk), but it's worth it. Also great that you can adjust the reverse lines, and that you can switch it off at night and it still gives sufficient reflection.

Initially it feels a little odd because it's larger than the OEM one, but you get used to it very quickly. It comes with a variety of brackets, of which none fit the 4C window mount. So you need to remove the one currently stuck onto the windscreen and replace it with one out of the box. That can be stressful but removing it works as advertised in most Youtube videos.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Try look it backup camera, blue tooth to your cell phone. No wiring easy installation. Have it on front and back and works great.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'm digging that setup. Found this one.

Right now I have a generic front facing dash cam, how hard was it to wire the reverse camera @lars?
Was a bit of a bitch basicly runs through senter under console and through the middle passage which is a pocket not a speaker in my car . Ill send live pictures of the camera when i can and a picture of the box is included its amazing

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here is a link to my webcam install post. It involved taking the center console and trunk apart. It was also a bit tough tapping the reverse wire since there was hardly any slack at all on the harness. I also had to jack the car up a bit to get better access to the reverse light. Was still worth it to me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Amazon kit installed. Rear video cable via the central cubby hole, cables shielded and camera fixed to the top of the rear glass inside the car (3M) - hope it holds, seems very secure

Seems to be a decent piece of kit for £80 - front and rear 1080p camera recording simultaneously with parking monitor as well

Thanks to Red$torm for asking the Q!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Do you guys think a car stereo installation shop can tackle this job easily or is the 4C so unique that I would need to provide them with tips from the forum?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The working is the only issue because of the carbon tub, most of that particular wiring should be somewhat plug and play

·
Registered
64 Posts
I gave my guy the options from on here and he chose the central cubby hole. All i can see is about 10mm of wire. Took him a few hours

1 - 20 of 22 Posts