Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 4C Spider Giallo Prototipo
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The roof and/or window was left down by previous owner on my 4C causing water to pool in passengers footwell.

Luckly it didn't get too high but it did submerge this poor low hanging relay that is under the Body ECU.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Bumper

Which has caused corrosion, relay is toast and connector terminals are too.

I have relay and replacement terminals but I can't find this relay in any of the wiring schematics.

Font Signage Metal Rectangle Sign

If anyone knows what it controls let me know.

Also if anyone has a close-up photo of the back of the connector so I can see wire colours to pins that would be great!

Thanks

·
Registered
633 Posts
The roof and/or window was left down by previous owner on my 4C causing water to pool in passengers footwell.

Luckly it didn't get too high but it did submerge this poor low hanging relay that is under the Body ECU.

View attachment 124706

Which has caused corrosion, relay is toast and connector terminals are too.

I have relay and replacement terminals but I can't find this relay in any of the wiring schematics.

View attachment 124707

If anyone knows what it controls let me know.

Also if anyone has a close-up photo of the back of the connector so I can see wire colours to pins that would be great!

Thanks
Not sure if this will help... I am no auto electrical expert and you have probably already referred to this document.
Pages 38, 43 and 44 seem to show some relays that control door switches, passenger compartment / trunk lights and electric window motors.
What is not functioning on your car?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had a read through the documentation I can find but still haven't found this relay.

It isn't pictured here that PDF either so suspect it is an optional something.
Green Motor vehicle Mode of transport Vehicle Electronic device

I found it in this other picture online but loom is in the way to see wiring pinout.
Trunk Electrical wiring Bumper Automotive exterior Audio equipment

Currently it isn't plugged in on mine and haven't found anything that doesn't work yet, odd.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It could be the hazard lights.

No need for a diagram. A volt meter is all you need to figure out what wires go to what.

·
Administrator
17,948 Posts
What's not working - might be easier to find it that way.
EDIT - I see you haven't found anything not working yet. Hmmmm.

The service manual does not list parts by part number, and the wiring diagrams are schematic, so you have to cross reference a few things to get to the physical location or wiring.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is what had me worried everything worked so it had me puzzled. I manually energized the circuit and a coolant pump in the front started up.

I found it referenced in documentation as "Auxiliary electric pump (US market only)"

Font Parallel Auto part Slope Electric blue

So that explains why it is separate not in the BCM since it is a US only feature.

The turbocharger cool-down pump worked without this relay so is independent to that, so this must just be for HVAC.

I guess American market complained about heater not working good enough, so they have added additional electric pump 😂

I can't seem to find this circuit in the wiring schematics I guess some sections are missing.

I've got enough info to rewire with a new connector and relay.

If someone does have the passenger footrest off a close-up wiring colors into that connector would be appreciated.

·
Registered
695 Posts
That is what had me worried everything worked so it had me puzzled. I manually energized the circuit and a coolant pump in the front started up.

I found it referenced in documentation as "Auxiliary electric pump (US market only)"

View attachment 124915

So that explains why it is separate not in the BCM since it is a US only feature.

The turbocharger cool-down pump worked without this relay so is independent to that, so this must just be for HVAC.

I guess American market complained about heater not working good enough, so they have added additional electric pump 😂

I can't seem to find this circuit in the wiring schematics I guess some sections are missing.

I've got enough info to rewire with a new connector and relay.

If someone does have the passenger footrest off a close-up wiring colors into that connector would be appreciated.
I will tell you the Alfa dealer near me told me that the only wiring diagram they received from Alfa Romeo excluded any options...so the diagram excluding NA specific items isn't a surprise.

·
Administrator
17,948 Posts
search it online
You mean there's a place where you can type in key words and it will search though the entire compendium of human knowledge, in seconds, and return possible answers in order of relevance?

Pray tell, what is this great Oracle called?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts