Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

They changed the dash like 2 weeks ago and I just noticed something. On one of the vent, the little stick thing is disconnected. So i can't close or open the inside valve in the vent. I cant do it by putting my finger in it. I could just go back to the dealer but shit I don't want them to remove the dash etc.

Is there anyway I can fix this myself?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently they did not have to remove the dash board to fix the issue. So it just be that the front of the vent can be removed without somehow.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Glad you sent back to shop to fix. I'm back and fourth with Alfa in regard to my damaged seat from dealer replacing. Dealership claims that multiple people inspected seat before install and five after install. Alfa claims when I removed to fix the seat adjustment that I must have damaged. Now I need to take the car to another dealer so that they can validate seat is damaged and try to determine who did it (really?). Had the dealership put it to same seat adjustment as what it was before I left car at dealer for seat replace, II wouldn't have removed. On phone with Alfa in the past week I was told that I didn't use an official Alfa tool to remove and that could have caused the damage.

This dealer also scraped nose of my car (need take it to their contracted body shop). This was debated until I showed video screenshot with impact shown via impact sensors, sound of scrape and two guys standing beyond looking at time of scrape (had been facing each other talking). They damaged around all lugs on two front wheels when changing tires. Oh yeah, my dash cam records audio (like most things that collect video after the 80s), it verbally announces it's recording. I had a nice call from a state trooper that the dealership had called trying to get me for wiretapping. The trooper and his supervisor advised that the dashcam does advise that it's recording and that the audio is recorded inside the car (my personal space) so they should not expect privacy in my private property. The dealership did take the time to cover the front camera while it was in shop and out for a drive, glad all other attributes were still recording include back window camera.

Really not a great experience with Alfa or this dealership. Completely different from my experience with Mercedes.

edited in attempt to make more clear, very long story from before I was out of town for weeks. Now to get the appts for repairing the damage from last dealership shop visit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts