Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and maybe we'll see a Doug DeMuro effect and values will go up. :p

Ed said he was doing a theoretical $35k - $40k budget for an upcoming video and I think the higher mileage 4Cs occasionally drop down there with some shrewd negotiation, so I did my part and advocated the 4C. :)

Unfortunately the editor chose the cut where I failed to mentioned a tuned 4C can "do 0-60 in under 4 seconds", so please don't roast me too badly. :cautious:

@ 3:57

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV Black on White + 1981 Delorean DMC12 "6MT" Tesla P90 Swap!
272 Posts
...and maybe we'll see a Doug DeMuro effect and values will go up. :p

Ed said he was doing a theoretical $35k - $40k budget for an upcoming video and I think the higher mileage 4Cs occasionally drop down there with some shrewd negotiation, so I did my part and advocated the 4C. :)

Unfortunately the editor chose the cut where I failed to mentioned a tuned 4C can "do 0-60 in under 4 seconds", so please don't roast me too badly. :cautious:

@ 3:57

Fun! The cars selected are invariably "the list" except the F335.
Sure, a sub-$50k 335 can come up but that is a money pit fantasy for a laundry list of reasons FerrariChat and actual F335 buyers of such "sub-$50k" mistakes will gladly give you. Replacing that with a e46 M3 or a Lotus Elise or a Cayman R/GTS or a Factory Five Racing used build or even, if the idea was to throw in an Italian, then at least a Dino GT4 being Lego-easy to keep running (and a few rattle cans of rust reformer). That would have shown a water tight "car expert/professional" list, but the fact it includes the 4c much to the poseurs' tryhard chagrin to hate the car (?), will make the video a solid hit anyways. Of course, the 4c along with the Z06 and 911, are easily the fastest cars on the list, mod for mod, tire for tire, and the cheaper coupes surely fit square in the valuation window today.
Moral of the story: some trendy "oh this is a good idea" moments like a sub-$50k F335 in 2020 (I'd hand it to you if it were 2010, even 2015 when finding a good $4#k one wasn't completely absurd), are just fantasy. The good ones in 2020 moving forward are in a Coronavirus/fiat currency devalued $55k+, period. You wouldn't say a Gallardo makes your list, even though last week a local dealer had to wholesale one for $40k (wire harness shorted and cylinders 4 and 6 welded themselves to the block, lol I did the numbers for an LS engine swap, it would have been stupid).
Or you have a moron seller, which, of course happens when a unisex unicorn jumps a red-green moon and a "hustler's" luck runs out so they can't afford their ~$75k slow and sticky Ferrari anymore and ruin its chances at a solid restoration by revving cold and driving angry. All Italian cars must be street driven chill, and possibly, with a strong expresso in hand and a date in the passenger seat, between the hours of 11am and 10pm. Then, at midnight, of course we all know here, you switch to race mode or hop in the "Corsa", and go V max and tunnel hunting. Driving angry in Italians only happens to Ferrari F1 drivers when the rules get in the way. But we all know this.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice! I love the vinwiki videos, especially the new "what car would you buy for $XXXX" series. Keep up the good work with Vinwiki. Also, great looking 4C!

Reactions: dhuang

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV Black on White + 1981 Delorean DMC12 "6MT" Tesla P90 Swap!
272 Posts
Wait - you mean Ferrari F355, right? Unless I'm not up 100% on Ferraris. :)
Lol yes, dang autotext. Unless there was a wedge made in the late 70's we are all unaware of, the F355 (it did it again! Any info how to delete the automatic change? Android) did a lot for Ferrari despite being inferior to a Honda/Acura in the objective categories. A fun video is the one on Abdul and the whole Sultanate of Brunei situation of ordering up one offs, and their F355's along with Williams might have single handedly brought about the demand for the transmissions in our cars. Today, our uber rich are more concerned about rockets, autonomous multi-rotorcraft, and buying large penthouses. Sad times for cars, really.

·
Registered
761 Posts
F355 Engine out service + $10k
...and only going UP (cost of hourly service maintenance) in the future and hopefully the values to match. Over the years I looked, and lusted after, the 355, but I just didn't want another car that was driven a few kms and required $$maintenance regardless....so whenever I want to enjoy the beauty, I just cheat and goto my local Ferrari dealership hahaaaa :LOL:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would be a pretty large sum of money that a $35,000 Ferrari 355.....ain’t a $35,000 355.
There are a lot of misconceptions about Ferrari ownership but the saying “ the most expensive Ferrari is a cheap Ferrari” is isn’t one of them IMO
Nice to see the 4C getting some love though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts