Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, So I just found out that the rear passenger rocker panel had a crack and I think it's spreading. Looking for some advice/recommendation on how to go about getting this fixed, or at least not have it spread more. Really appreciate the inputs. I'm not sure when or how this cracked started. Car only has 4K miles.

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
720 Posts
Do you have experience working with fiberglass/resin? If so, I would remove that one bolt, grind the cracked area down, then fill it with fiberglass, sand and paint. Or, take it to a really good body shop and I'm sure they can do the repaint. Luckily it's not a structural part.
Good luck!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thankfully, Corvettes are made of fiberglass and get wrecked all the time. Find a body shop that the local Corvette guys love and rest easy.

I would ask them to look at the other side and see if it is showing signs of strain as well

Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses! Unfortunately I never worked with the resin before, but the good thing is it's the bottom, if I can just reinforce that area and prevent it from cracking more, I'd be happy.

I'm reaching out to a few places to see what they have to say about Corvettes body shop and see. Really appreciate the advice,

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,318 Posts
That is a very easy simple repair and any body shop that has worked on Vettes can fix it. Note the side quarter panels are like fiberglass but the front and rear bumpers are a completely different material....more of an ABS plastic type of material....same as used by most cars for their bumpers.
Did you or a shop try to raise the car with a jack.....that can cause damage in that area if they use the wrong lifting points or try to support the car on jack stands at the wrong place also. You can check for the correct lifting points for a 4C at previous posts on the Forum.

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Agree with the above recommendation and observation. It looks like it was damaged while getting lifted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you guys are right. I wish I paid more attention. I know the lift points, so I know I didn't lift that area, but I did take my car in for either service or detailing/ceramic coating, and I never checked under the after their work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts