Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchase the Scara 73 floor mats -- Lightweight Floor mats – SCARA73

I know they are adhesive and attach directly to the chassis. But I haven't seen any picture installed. I would also love to hear some reviews.

Assuming people have had good luck, it would be an awesome way to show off the CF tub.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Has anyone purchase the Scara 73 floor mats -- Lightweight Floor mats – SCARA73

I know they are adhesive and attach directly to the chassis. But I haven't seen any picture installed. I would also love to hear some reviews.

Assuming people have had good luck, it would be an awesome way to show off the CF tub.
Hey bro, how have you been. Id love to see these floor matts also, any pics ?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Gas Display device Measuring instrument Electronic device Signage

@lars -- Being almost transparent, they are hard to see. Look carefully. Technically translucent, I suppose.

·
Registered
2016 4C
42 Posts
Translucent adhesive... Can't you just use these thicker paint protection sheets and lay them in front of the seats?

Not that I think it's a good idea though, I can already envision the slipping heels when driving. Not to mention when my wife drops her phone directly onto the tub. Nope, not for me.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Translucent adhesive... Can't you just use these thicker paint protection sheets and lay them in front of the seats?

Not that I think it's a good idea though, I can already envision the slipping heels when driving. Not to mention when my wife drops her phone directly onto the tub. Nope, not for me.

[/URL]
I was thinking something similar. That said, what you linked isn't what you want. You want this:

1.5mm thick would be more than enough. That way there's some substance to it, no adhesive necessary. I bought this in 1.5mm to cover a table actually about a year ago. It would be enough protection for dropped phones, etc and it has enough texture that i doubt your heel would slip.

It would be easy to trim with utility knife. You need 18.5"x19" for passenger and 18.5"x24" for driver side. You might be able to get away with a little less or more, I just measured the extra set of mats in my basement and those are the largest dimensions. I would actually go a touch bigger, you could probably get nice coverage.

EDIT - typing this actually convinced myself that this would be kind of neat with the red tub. I ordered a 24"x40" in 2mm (luxury, lol). I figured wtf for 32 bucks I'll see how it goes. Will report back with pics probably early next week once I get this and play with it 😂

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
EDIT - typing this actually convinced myself that this would be kind of neat with the red tub. I ordered a 24"x40" in 2mm (luxury, lol). I figured wtf for 32 bucks I'll see how it goes. Will report back with pics probably early next week once I get this and play with it 😂
Of course you are making another 4 sets to send up to your Canadian 33 friends for Christmas ...oh and a couple more for your American friends....oh heck...just make 33 sets of them!! :LOL:

·
Registered
217 Posts
This may work under certain circumstances...

View attachment 121998
You'd probably want some matching additional accessories then

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was thinking something similar. That said, what you linked isn't what you want. You want this:

1.5mm thick would be more than enough. That way there's some substance to it, no adhesive necessary. I bought this in 1.5mm to cover a table actually about a year ago. It would be enough protection for dropped phones, etc and it has enough texture that i doubt your heel would slip.

It would be easy to trim with utility knife. You need 18.5"x19" for passenger and 18.5"x24" for driver side. You might be able to get away with a little less or more, I just measured the extra set of mats in my basement and those are the largest dimensions. I would actually go a touch bigger, you could probably get nice coverage.

Adding PPF to the tub was one of the first "mods" I did - having seen a few 4Cs in person (granted, they weren't low mileage garage queens), the amount of marks and scratches on the tub under the mats was awful! It's easy for small rocks to get under there and scratch everything up.

Plus it's super easy and cost effective to do!

#PPFeverywhere

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Adding PPF to the tub was one of the first "mods" I did - having seen a few 4Cs in person (granted, they weren't low mileage garage queens), the amount of marks and scratches on the tub under the mats was awful! It's easy for small rocks to get under there and scratch everything up.

#PPFeverywhere
I agree. Mine has PPF as well. I wouldn’t drive around like that though (no mats).

Idk how well these clear mats will work but it’s something goofy to try. I think they might actually work relatively well. I am familiar with the material. That said, I doubt I will drive around like that day to day. They could be fun as a change of pace though.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts

#PPFeverywhere
I do have a WRAP guy that seems to be highly recommended...

Flash photography Sleeve Comfort Fashion design Tints and shades

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,357 Posts
I agree that you would want to make sure that it is absolutely clean and free of grit between the pad and the CF or it will scratch the heck out of the CF. I like the idea of PPF on the tub for both protection and knowing it won't slide around and possibly getting under the brake or gas pedal 🤬
If it does move I would make a hole through it that would allow use of the stock wing screws that hold the stock mats in place. I would prefer that over adhesive to hold it in place. As a tech inspector for our club autocrosses....any unattached floor mats must be removed for safety. I think it would be a pain if your shoe gets wet....but you could only use it for "show" purposes but use the stock mats for every day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts