Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

· Registered
2,613 Posts
I’ll give some history of these stickers if that helps.

These adaptations of the Scuderia badge and variations based on historic Fiat badges of it were created in the Abarth world around 2015. They were something aesthetically playful to use on the Abarth as everyone knows there is no such thing as Scuderia Abarth.

When I got my 4C, I asked Roberto to design and print me out 2 pages of decals (~100) with a Scuderia Biscione design for the Alfa people. It wasnt meant necessarily to mount on the car nor to represent anything tangible or historically representive. It was maybe more of a personal accent to maybe dress up your tool box or garage bench or luggage.

I gave out a bunch at AROC 2016 in Nashville to the fellas as well as a few to those at Fiat on the Dragon 2016. It wasnt meant to be a car club thing, again, just something fun. If you put it on your car, great...if not, have fun with it. Everyone kinda knew that there will be purists who would be critical of its lack of historic accuracy and others who would ask “why would you put a sticker on a $70K car?” :)

Then again, it was do what you want with them, and it to each his own right? ;)
I dont have these on all the time but for road rallies or driving events, i might throw them on just for fun. People seem to always be intenly interested with them when i have them on....

Roberto asked me if he could market them and have them for sale on his website as it was a concept I came up with. I said, whatever....lol. Sure...

I even made huge ones.... :)

· Registered
2,613 Posts
And for the record, I dont get any royalties from them....lol!

Reactions: samer badaro

· Premium Member
4,457 Posts
I put a Sharkwerks (Porsche tuner) sticker on the rear 1/4 windows of my 911 in slightly the wrong position, then heard some Porsche dou$hebag commenting to another Porsche-As$face about how wrong it was, and instinct #1 was to drive his skull into the pavement, as my son loved those little shark fins, but I reminded myself that I enjoy whatever people decide to do their cars, and no matter what group you find yourself in, there's a-holes everywhere.

Also: Decals add 10 HP, so have a blast.

:)

· Registered
2018 4C coupe, 1976 Corvette
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I put a Sharkwerks (Porsche tuner) sticker on the rear 1/4 windows of my 911 in slightly the wrong position, then heard some Porsche dou$hebag commenting to another Porsche-As$face about how wrong it was, and instinct #1 was to drive his skull into the pavement, as my son loved those little shark fins, but I reminded myself that I enjoy whatever people decide to do their cars, and no matter what group you find yourself in, there's a-holes everywhere.

Also: Decals add 10 HP, so have a blast.

/images/smilies/smile.gif
Yeah man, no offense to you or anyone else on here who may have a Porsche, but Porsche people are the worst.

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
mine wouldn't be complete without the clover!

That's yours?! It was the one featured in the Petrolicious article? That article was one of the first things that got me really serious about shopping for a 4C!

Reactions: samer badaro

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I’ll give some history of these stickers if that helps.

These adaptations of the Scuderia badge and variations based on historic Fiat badges of it were created in the Abarth world around 2015. They were something aesthetically playful to use on the Abarth as everyone knows there is no such thing as Scuderia Abarth.

When I got my 4C, I asked Roberto to design and print me out 2 pages of decals (~100) with a Scuderia Biscione design for the Alfa people. It wasnt meant necessarily to mount on the car nor to represent anything tangible or historically representive. It was maybe more of a personal accent to maybe dress up your tool box or garage bench or luggage.

I gave out a bunch at AROC 2016 in Nashville to the fellas as well as a few to those at Fiat on the Dragon 2016. It wasnt meant to be a car club thing, again, just something fun. If you put it on your car, great...if not, have fun with it. Everyone kinda knew that there will be purists who would be critical of its lack of historic accuracy and others who would ask “why would you put a sticker on a $70K car?” /images/smilies/smile.gif

Then again, it was do what you want with them, and it to each his own right? /images/smilies/wink.gif
I dont have these on all the time but for road rallies or driving events, i might throw them on just for fun. People seem to always be intenly interested with them when i have them on....

Roberto asked me if he could market them and have them for sale on his website as it was a concept I came up with. I said, whatever....lol. Sure...

I even made huge ones.... /images/smilies/smile.gif
Nice! I think all be ordering some. Definitely going to put one on my laptop and maybe get a large one for my garage too, in addition to ones for the car.

Side note, where did you get the blacked out side turn signal lenses? That's a good look, I like it.

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Reactions: Carlo

· Registered
2,613 Posts

· Registered
757 Posts
Yeah man, no offense to you or anyone else on here who may have a Porsche, but Porsche people are the worst.
Hey... I always say that every Porschefile is a closet Alfisti waiting to come out
Must admit though that more Porsche owners I meet seem to be in it for the status rather than the engagement of the brand and are more prone to showing off and 'wise-assing' than Alfisti. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alfa romeo 8c competizione Sports car

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

· Administrator
19,454 Posts
Don't park next to a Ferrari with a shield embedded in the wing itself, or people will point and laugh at the stick-on badge!
Until someone pries the SF shield off the Ferrari and the owner starts to cry because he now has to pay thousands to replace it and fix the damage! Especially the second time ‘round, when he’ll consider replacing his with a sticker too.
:wink2:

· Registered
1,921 Posts
Must admit though that more Porsche owners I meet seem to be in it for the status rather than the engagement of the brand and are more prone to showing off and 'wise-assing' than Alfisti.
So, Porsche-people are the new Corvette-people?

I mostly meet people at the track. I think that tends to weed out the crowd to real car-people, so I really haven't developed these negative perceptions. Maybe I should spend more time at Cars and Coffee?

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Awesome! It's great to see another Navy man on here! I'm a SWO out on my shore tour at NPS.
Well, make sure to do some studying. Don't spend all your time here. /images/smilies/wink.gif

My last duty ship was USS Saratoga (CV-60). VFA-83 with CVW-17. How's that for old school?

Maybe I need one of these stickers on the 4C?

Haha, I usually just browse the forum when taking breaks during studying. Classes are tough though, so I probably should up my study time. Like most Navy schools, it's "drinking from a fire hose."

I heard a lot of good things about the Saratoga. My last duty station was Mayport, so a lot of the guys from the Mayport Mafia who had been on the Sara are still on base as contractors and such.

You should totally put that sticker on the 4C!

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
That looks sweet too! Man, I really need to get some of those blacked out side lenses. That looks great!

I don’t know if Roberto is still making the Large sizes in the decals but I’m sure he would if you asked him to make custom for you. /images/smilies/wink.gif

For smoked side markers...

http://shop.alfisti.net/Tuning-Styling/Alfa-4C/Exterior/Alfa-4C-Side-Indicator-Set-Black::6930.html
Thank you! I'll contact Roberto this week and put in my order. Also, just ordered the side markers!

Reactions: 4Canada and Docron
21 - 40 of 58 Posts