Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would think that it would be easier to take the seat out completely however I have been told it is difficult to detach the seat belt sensor. Is the seat belt sensor easily removed?
If you know how to do it, its just minutes.

Unfortunately(or fortunately) my car is in the basement of a FCA dealer, asked one of the mechanics, and he had it off in no time, but I was not able to see exactly how he did it. I think he used a small flat screwdriver and a plier. Here's when it mounted on the floor:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
It might be wise to ask others on this board, but are you not supposed to disconnect the battery beforehand for a period of time to ensure you don't trigger a seat belt warning/light?

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
1,053 Posts
It might be wise to ask others on this board, but are you not supposed to disconnect the battery beforehand for a period of time to ensure you don't trigger a seat belt warning/light?
I didn't, but I make sure I don't try to turn the car on or start it. It won't throw any error codes or lights if you do it while the car is off.
Now, removing the AirBag is a different story!

·
Registered
473 Posts
To clarify the excellent "how to" provided by 4C ALFA here Seat Removal , the little tab is pushed down towards the tub and the connector slides sideways away from the tab.

You all probably have figured that out, but I'm a little challenged.

The connector came apart easy for me - perhaps luck.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper Font

·
Registered
162 Posts
The seat to seat frame torque is 3.6 to 4.4Nm (32-39 in-lbs). I recommend you use blue Loktite.

The seat frame to tub torque is 32-39Nm (24-28 ft-lbs). Be very careful to not cross-thread these bolts as the threads were bonded into the tub at the factory. Take your time. I recommend that you have an M10x1.25 bottoming tap, compressed air and a bit of oil available to get the threads squeaky-clean.
I’m trying to get my drivers seat back in and can’t get the rear 2 bolts past halfway… just bought a tap and dye set and of course it doesn’t have the m10 1.25… before I go back out for this piece, any other options? Since I’m not tapping new threads, just cleaning them I shouldn’t need tapping oil right? I think 3 in 1 should work.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Figured it out. Just some oil on the bolts and I was able to get them in and out and clean it out with some air. Glad to have my stock seats back in.
I use the recaros for my track days and go back to stock if I’m not going back anytime soon. So they get swapped a lot.

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
1,053 Posts
Figured it out. Just some oil on the bolts and I was able to get them in and out and clean it out with some air. Glad to have my stock seats back in.
I use the recaros for my track days and go back to stock if I’m not going back anytime soon. So they get swapped a lot.
Good work! Yeah, those bolts can be a bugger most of the time.

·
Registered
473 Posts
That is correct, the seat belt sensor connecter is difficult to detach. But it can be done. I don't remember how I did it though, but I did!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts