Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

Seat Elevation Adjustment

75K views 228 replies 72 participants last post by  Racer Z 
Just did my my drivers seat as well.
European version, it only had one electric connector (instead of two as mentioned here). My seat also had a pin which is placed in a hole just before the rear bolt on right side, you see it on the picture. Helps positioning the rails correctly, couldn't remember it being mentioned here somewhere.

Front right bolt didn't want to come in, had to remove seat again (front left was already in) to clean the hole. What I did: mount the screw until it blocked. Spray some APC (all purpose cleaner) to the bolt, remove it again, clean bolt and hole, and repeat. After few iterations it wanted to go in at last.

My learnings:
  • first try screwing in all the bolts with the seat still out. This will learn whether one of them is blocked by dirt, and allows cleaning - avoids issues when the seat is in
  • do front bolts first. Difficult to reach, but doable: put seat all the way back, pull the lever (to move seat) up then I managed to do front-left. Then sit on the seat, if needed push the seat + yourself backwards to align hole in rails with hole in carbon tub, then pull lever up, install screw.
  • luckily I have a spider, with roof open the seat comes out and goes in again easily. Probably a bitch to do this in a coupe.

Result: small scratch on the carbon tub (err, two that is, so some polishing to be done) but much better seating position!

Did the passenger seat today, and guess: there was a cable coming out of the seat, but just hanging loose, not connected to anything. No connector on the ground to connect it to, strange. Forgot to try (will do so) what happens if a passenger is in the seat without wearing the seatbelt.

Apart from that: great to have both seats in a higher setting at the knees