Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

Seat Elevation Adjustment

75K views 228 replies 72 participants last post by  Racer Z 
Adjusted my seat to the highest setting in front, middle in the middle, and lowest in back to get that bucket tilt going. Feels way more comfortable so far. The change took me about an hour and a half, but if I had to do it again it would probably be 30-45 minutes. Here are some thoughts on the conversion:
  1. I highly recommend figuring out the wiring clips and pulling the seat out. There is a detailed description of how the clips work on page 8 and a video on page 9 of this thread. Those 2 posts together show how easy it is once you understand how they work. I tried shimmying the seat around inside the car at first, but it is so much easier with the seat out of the car.
  2. For the fully tilted setting, I found it best to work from back to front and not tightening anything down until every bolt is in. It's not a perfect fit, with the back bolts in the middle bolts will go into the middle setting pretty easily, but after the back and middle bolts are in you have to muscle the seat into place to get that final front bolt to go into the highest setting. If you have the front and back bolts in first I am not sure if you can get the middle to line up enough.
  3. Once tilted the seat doesn’t go back as far so the adjustment bar will be in the way of the seat rail bolts to the tub. I put in the back seat rail bolts first (didn't tighten them all the way) and then had to sit in the seat and push backward to free up the space to get the front seat rail bolts back into the tub. Without some force, the adjustment bar is in your way of getting to those since there is not room to slide the seat all the way back anymore.