Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Complete removal makes the thought of adjustment too daunting. I’m open to suggestions on cheating and doing it the easy way. Lol
Easier than removing 4 screws (apart from those of the seat itself) and disconnecting a connector (i didn't have to, done all with the seat inside the car)?
hmmmm. It’s only 4? I just assumed incorrectly it was a nightmare of attachments and fittings.

·
Registered
837 Posts
hmmmm. It’s only 4? I just assumed incorrectly it was a nightmare of attachments and fittings.
4 connecting the rack to the chassis, 6 connecting the seat to the rails.

Cloths all around to prevent scratching the CF.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,839 Posts
Roger that. Thanks!
If you remove the 4 bolts that hold the seat rail to the floor.....after removing the bolts clean them and the threaded insert well and lube all the bolts before reinstalling. GENTLY reinsert the bolts with our fingers to start ...don't start with a wrench....and do NOT force them in if they get stuck. Those are fine threads on the bolts. You don't want to cross thread them or you will have to get a tap and clean out threads. If you go slow you will do fine. USE TOWELS to protect the CF from scuffs and scratches.

Just raising or lowering the seats or adjusting the seat tilt is not bad. But if you want to pull out the seat to drill a new middle hole if you use the mid front and lowest rear....requires completely removing the seat and removing the frame rails to get at it. The good news is that you really don't need that middle bolt and it saves a LOT of work. did remove mine to drill the middle hole....it is a PITA.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I'm the same height and weight and I prefer both at the lowest positions. I hated both of the tilt options.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Roger that. Thanks!
If you remove the 4 bolts that hold the seat rail to the floor.....after removing the bolts clean them and the threaded insert well and lube all the bolts before reinstalling. GENTLY reinsert the bolts with our fingers to start ...don't start with a wrench....and do NOT force them in if they get stuck. Those are fine threads on the bolts. You don't want to cross thread them or you will have to get a tap and clean out threads. If you go slow you will do fine. USE TOWELS to protect the CF from scuffs and scratches.

Just raising or lowering the seats or adjusting the seat tilt is not bad. But if you want to pull out the seat to drill a new middle hole if you use the mid front and lowest rear....requires completely removing the seat and removing the frame rails to get at it. The good news is that you really don't need that middle bolt and it saves a LOT of work. did remove mine to drill the middle hole....it is a PITA.
great info.
Looks like a spring project.
Thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Tilting the seat all the way with front in the top bolts and rear in the bottom bolts: what does this do with moving the seat back? I usually pull the seat back all the way when exiting the car but it sounds like it wont go back as far. Does this give more space behind the seat towards the floor?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Tilting the seat all the way with front in the top bolts and rear in the bottom bolts: what does this do with moving the seat back? I usually pull the seat back all the way when exiting the car but it sounds like it wont go back as far. Does this give more space behind the seat towards the floor?
I found I actually move the seat forward one click or so with my seats tilted (highest setting in the front, lowest in the back). I’m 6’1”ish for reference. I don’t notice any difference with the forward/rear space.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Another thing I noticed with the seat tilted all the way (top bolt in the front, lowest in the rear) was that it was harder to get in or out - my foot would scuff the front of the seat due to reduced clearance between the steering wheel and seat bottom. I ended up with the front in the middle hole and the rear in the bottom.

And I had to have one of the holes tapped and cleaned as it ended up being stripped.
And it's a PITA to get the bolts in due to not having enough clearance to get a socket on it with the seat tilt adjusted.

For something that sounds easy, it's just a pain. I won't be removing mine ever again.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,839 Posts
By raising the front of the seat to the middle position and leaving in lowest rear position it lets me get a bit more tilt angle of the seat back as the whole seat assembly is tilted back a bit. I had the seat back tilted back to the max in the original position. That puts my head a bit lower and now can see the entire top of the dash display where before with seat in bottom position front and rear, the display was partially cut off by the top of the steering wheel. I am 6' tall. It also feels more secure....don't feel like I am going to slide forward in the seat on hard braking compared to before.

I did try the highest position in front and lowest in back but for me it was too extreme.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ok, I just figured this out but hopefully this tip will help others out.

Before you pop the seat back in make sure the rails are all the way forward (giving you max clearance for front tork fittings.
This will also mean the rails are aligned.

Once you have done this, position the seat it in place and fit the front tork fittings first!

Once you have done these, go and do the rears, but make sure the fronts are 75% tight before you do.
I found starting at the rear very difficult as I couldn't get the fronts aligned at all afterwards.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts