Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comfort Grey Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Hey guys, I’ve done this before and I can’t remember how I did it. Does anyone know how to remove this? I can’t get a socket over the bolt and the it doesn’t seem correct to undo the nuts at the bottom. Thanks!

·
Registered
402 Posts
View attachment 124480
Hey guys, I’ve done this before and I can’t remember how I did it. Does anyone know how to remove this? I can’t get a socket over the bolt and the it doesn’t seem correct to undo the nuts at the bottom. Thanks!
View attachment 124480
Looks like you've removed the seat. Unless you are going to mount a new seat on the existing seat rails or are having the seat reupholstered. Why would you want to remove the seat belt buckle? A new seat belt ? Just curious????

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like you've removed the seat. Unless you are going to mount a new seat on the existing seat rails or are having the seat reupholstered. Why would you want to remove the seat belt buckle? A new seat belt ? Just curious????

I’m installing my Recaro SPGs and it’s nice to still have the 3 point belt when not on the track.

The center bolt definitely needs to come out. I got the seatbelt off one seat because the last shop changed the bolts to make it easier next time. Still trying to figure out what I can use to get enough grip and turn it. Nothing fits over it and an adjustable wrench just ain’t doing it.

Automotive design Bicycle part Gas Automotive wheel system Bag

·
Registered
44 Posts
if there is nothing from inside then hammer and chisel are your friends

·
Registered
402 Posts
Would it be possible to clamp a small metal C-Clamp onto the upper and lower edges of the bolt head, then clamp some vise grips onto the c-lamp and turn it? I would guess that when you tighten the c-clamp onto the bolt head it would have to be very tight in order to get enough grip.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really appreciate the suggestions! I was able to get it off by loosening the seat rail and I was able to just twist the whole piece off, however now the bolt is stuck. Aside from the initial banging I did to see if it would come out, any other thoughts? I’m trying to save the bolt, but at the same time I’ll gladly replace it with a bolt with a head I can actually put a socket on.
Wheel Tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
143 Posts
FWIW, the silver bolt you had trouble removing is not the stock one. The black coated one with the green sticker is the stock one, and it'll have strength ratings etched on the head.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FWIW, the silver bolt you had trouble removing is not the stock one. The black coated one with the green sticker is the stock one, and it'll have strength ratings etched on the head.
Im glad you told me that, thanks! I need to replace that, it should have never been used. I’ll try finding one tomorrow. I’d imagine an Ace Hardware or Autozone might carry it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Im glad you told me that, thanks! I need to replace that, it should have never been used. I’ll try finding one tomorrow. I’d imagine an Ace Hardware or Autozone might carry it?
Not likely in the exact bolt grade and dimensions, so if they don't, I would go nuts with a measuring caliper and hope McMaster-Carr stocks them. If you don't plan to reinstall the stock seats anytime soon, you could just get any size bolt and nut since you're probably just going onto a plate.

Look forward to install photos

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not likely in the exact bolt grade and dimensions, so if they don't, I would go nuts with a measuring caliper and hope McMaster-Carr stocks them. If you don't plan to reinstall the stock seats anytime soon, you could just get any size bolt and nut since you're probably just going onto a plate.

Look forward to install photos
Install pic
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Automotive design

1 - 11 of 11 Posts