Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
In the Netherlanda i believe nothing is in the contract about service interval. So we can maintain once a year or 20000 km

·
Registered
446 Posts
My contract states on the last page of the appendix: "Routine servicing can be performed by the Authorised Uk Alfa Romeo "4C authorized" dealer network. Exact service intervals are to be confirmed but are expected to be every 4,500 miles"

I find it amazing that they would go from 4,500 miles to 12,500 as it's a huge difference.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
So is a 2013 release to Q2 2014 ;)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Actually been reading the user manual....and it states every 20k. I eat my words.
Manual actually very interesting. Seems like it's going to be **** to add washer liquid. I only have it in Italian but if you guys are interested I will try to post the link

·
Registered
446 Posts
It is not under the bonnet...or at least you don't have direct access to it. There is a grille to protect a tight access between the windshield and the bonnet. Really too complicated to explain here but it seems like it will be a 20 min job at least!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Seems like you have to remove a cover with 4 screws to get to the cap of the washer fluids. then you need to use the funnel supplied to feed fluids into the wiper liquid holder. After checking if there is any fluids with a little dipstick they supply you with. Then put cap back on. Then put protective cover back on. Take dipstick and funnel used and put that back into the car.

10mins and its job done

·
Registered
858 Posts
Classic

put access in the cabin 2minutes (there go my screws petrol forecourt on long haul) Any one seen my funnel and where's that dipstick. Watch your paint work in hot countries, ok UK always raining!!

Virul

Thanks Deppio/Perreby for post

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks Perreby for posting the user manual - very interesting.

A few other things I noticed:

Breaks need to be broken in over the first 500km (Page 47)

Launch Control: Surprisingly no mention this can damage the clutch, engine, etc if used repeatetly but is says the car shifts automatically (???) (Page 114)

"Useless maneuvers" on page 116 reads: "avoid blipping the accelerator at traffic lights or before turning the engine off. This is absolutely useless and only increases consumption and pollution". Well, I wouldn't say those are the only effects :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
I didn't notice the brakes "-in" period. I find this pretty surprising on a car with normal brakes...but who knows. It's a bit difficult to assess what you are supposed to do in terms of doing it. If you drive on the motorway for 500km is that enough? ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts