Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m based in Bristol UK and bought my 4 C new from Mangoletzi, a leading AR dealer. When it comes to servicing they would charge £450 which includes checking the torque values of the front/rear subframes. This would mean a 300 mile round trip and possibly an overnight stay.
My mileage by then would be about 5000 and I question whether this checking of the subframes is necessary as the nuts appear to be nylocs and shouldn’t move.
Some dealers charge £850 so £450 is reasonable but adding my cost of fuel and maybe overnight accommodation adds another £150.
I know there are 4C owners in the south west so I’d be interested to hear what they do about servicing?
I have a friend who owns a Lotus, Morgan and Caterham dealership who employs some highly talented mechanics who I’ve worked with when I had a succession of Elises and I could see an opportunity to expand their skills by servicing 4Cs. I appreciate there’s the question of warranties but I understand other dealers can service other makes if they use approved parts and follow the required schedules.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I’d double check they’ve quoted you the correct service tbh, £450 is very suspicious. I’ve used Alfa Swindon who are terrible, now on I’ll be using AlfaWorks. Yes it’s bloody miles away but worth it to know it’s being looked after properly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Im in North Somerset and use LC motors Newport.
They have been excellent and worked out cheaper than my local 4c Alfa authorised dealer.
Recommended by a few members on here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've just had a cam belt and water pump renewal by LC Motors in Newport. Gianni got the work authorised under a warranty claim due to the water pump being noisy, having been renewed 1200 miles and 17 months previously.
Following my experience at this small dealership I can thoroughly recommend them.
Many thanks to LC Motors for their efficient service and Alfa Romeo UK for honouring the claim.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
John Soden on youtube took his to NJS Alfa in Pershore, he seemed very happy with them, they fixed his gear problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I‘m in Bristol, but only really trust Alfaworks with my car. It’s a trip, but I save stuff up as well as the service and they work on so many 4Cs that I’m really confident in their work and advice.

ive dabbled with Alfa in Swindon and Exeter, but wouldn’t trust my car with either.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I‘m in Bristol, but only really trust Alfaworks with my car. It’s a trip, but I save stuff up as well as the service and they work on so many 4Cs that I’m really confident in their work and advice.

ive dabbled with Alfa in Swindon and Exeter, but wouldn’t trust my car with either.
I, too am in Bristol and a friend of mine who had a 2017 Spider used Huttons near Weston super Mare and found them excellent. Full service including bolt tightening £600.

·
Registered
4C Spider 50th Anniversary Madreperla White
13 Posts
Well, Im just back from Alfaworks and a 3year service. The service you get from those guys is first rate - they really know these cars inside out. Its a long drive for me from Somerset, but 100% worth doing. I dont think I would want to go elsewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts